• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Another project a V 100 or better BR 212 of the German Federal Railways.

Started by Design-HSB, March 31, 2020, 01:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Hello, thanks for the appreciation. Series production has begun.

Between 2 GRP stencils I saw out the grids with a back-sloping fret saw with a very fine metal saw blade. Around the stencil I also bend the edge for the edging.

Used in the solder gauge made of 1mm GRP, I can solder the 1.2 mm high grilles excellently.

I can't afford employees and I sometimes wonder how many model builders there are who could imitate that.
Thus, the series production could be successfully completed by myself. 2 left and 2 right kicks are needed. Since they are the same from above and below, all 4 could be soldered in a stencil.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

I don't know about the rest of you guys but, to me, the design and fabrication seem absolutely incredible. -- Russ

fspg2

QuoteI sometimes wonder how many model builders there are who could imitate that.

Helmut, Maybe only you can do it ;-)
Frithjof

Design-HSB

Hi Frithjof,

I can't imagine that, only the few requests for parts all related to ready-to-grow parts.

Today I can imagine the ascent to the driver's cab. The material was also sufficient for this, as it was included and was also intended for this purpose.

Individual parts for the driver's cab ascent.

The individual parts in the soldering theory.

The almost finished ascent.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

I see that my work is being followed and acknowledged.

This is now the finished ascent. The end plates on the step are now also soldered. Incidentally, the whole ascent is made up of 90 individual parts and soldered.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

WP Rayner

Outstanding work in all respects. Your soldering skills alone are unmatched.
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Bill Gill

Design-HSB

I can't report progress, but successful tests will help me.

First test for the production of the wear buffer screed. Since I want to produce the buffer screed by bending as with the model, I have processed these parts from the outside and inside. The bending should be done with a bending bench but I have no experience how the 1mm MS63 behaves when milling and bending. Then I can determine the exact production dimensions based on the deviations. In order to be able to bend it at all, I deliberately used MS63.

Here's my abkantest. The material has stretched much more as I suspected and I can correct that now. When drilling, I broke off a 0.5 and a 0.6 mm drill. I will then have to be much more careful when drilling. I had taken this into account when milling and so the milling succeeded better than expected.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Helmut's post should really be the first lesson any modeler learns: No matter how much you know, how much experience you have, and how much skill you possess, it often is necessary to create an assembly several times. And sometimes those first attempts are just for practice. -- Russ

Design-HSB

Yes Russ such test are very important to me, that's why it continues with the test buffer carrier.

In the original, the baffles are welded on, in the model I have hard soldered the front sheets with silver solder. The rear angle is softly soldered into the milled V-groove. So I can also implement the series part so that it goes well and makes a stable impression.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Design-HSB

We continue with the wear buffer screed.

The holder for the clutch is made of 9 milled parts, 4 pieces M0.6 X 2 with nuts and 10 screws. In addition, the buffers are mounted.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal