• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's Logging Project Discussion

Started by marc_reusser, February 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Congratulations on winning the prize ... and on abandoning Nick. Incidentally, I recently received reports that Nick was made to stand in the corner at the airport. -- Russ

jacq01

Going to OntraxS for 1,5 days.
  I just need to escape the disastrous situation at home to regain a bit of myself.
  Also the first time interested in modeling again in 2,5 months.
  I hope the feeling and love for it will return.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

shropshire lad

Quote from: jacq01 on March 02, 2012, 06:52:12 AM

Going to OntraxS for 1,5 days.
  I just need to escape the disastrous situation at home to regain a bit of myself.
  Also the first time interested in modeling again in 2,5 months.
  I hope the feeling and love for it will return.

Jacq

Jacq ,

I hope you are able to get some pleasure from going to OnTrax in the very difficult situation you are in . I am sure when you are ready your interest will return , but for now you have more important things to think about .
     Looking forward to joining you for the BIG one in Dortmund . I guess I had better start earning some money to pay for all the goodies I might find there .

Nick

finescalerr

It may help to get away for a couple of days and divert your attention. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Whatever your circumstances, I wish you the best, jacq!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

jacq01

OntraxS was for me a good therapy.  I spend one day enjoying the atmosphere.
 Selcuk layout won best in show

Here an impression  http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21551&hl= made by Abd and Erkut

Jacq
I am what I remember.

shropshire lad

Thanks for posting the link , Jacq . It looks as if it was a really good show . I am glad to see that you managed to get some pleasure from the time you were there .

However , I am a bit concerned that Alan is becoming  an " operating whore" ( pardon my French ) and is not fussy where he goes and plays trains and will go anywhere where he can twiddle some knobs ! Are we really sure we want him playing trains on your layout as he is getting a bit of a reputation . If you know what I mean !

Nick

danpickard

Thanks for the link Jacq.  Certainly looked like another well organised and supported event, and enjoyed by many.  The photo series was a great coverage of the show.

Cheers,
Dan

finescalerr

I very much enjoyed the photo coverage and captions. The layout looks excellent and I am glad it won an award. It must have taken a lot of work to set up and break down the layout and also to deal with the crowds. The museum seems elegant and a good place for such an event. Congratulations. -- Russ

Alan Rees

Quote from: shropshire lad on March 09, 2012, 11:07:34 AM

However , I am a bit concerned that Alan is becoming  an " operating whore" ( pardon my French ) and is not fussy where he goes and plays trains and will go anywhere where he can twiddle some knobs ! Are we really sure we want him playing trains on your layout as he is getting a bit of a reputation . If you know what I mean !

Nick

Jacq's quite happy with the arrangement. He collects the pimping fees. I thought he did the same for you. 

Looking forward to the big show in Dortmund !

jacq01

QuoteJacq's quite happy with the arrangement. He collects the pimping fees. I thought he did the same for you. 

8) I have to pay for the Finescale RR books.  ;)

Looking forward to the Dortmund show. Possibly with an electric threewheeler, but I'll be there   ;D

Jacq
I am what I remember.

BKLN

Here is something a little off topic, but very closely related to Jacq's work: Over on one of the German forums there is a guy building some amazing N-scale stuff. Recently he has built the gravel yard from Jacq's Dreimühlentalbahn entirely from brass.

BKLN

Here is a link to see his wunderbare work:
http://stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=50628&start=150

(no need to understand German, the pictures speak for themselves.)

finescalerr

In N scale no less? That's absolutely depressing! Good photos, too. -- Russ

Chuck Doan

I'd say that is the nicest N scale stuff I have seen. I would not have guessed the scale. Nice to see the sun works as a light source even at 160 times too big.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/