Westlake Publishing Forums
May 26, 2022, 09:23:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 79
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacq's Logging Project Discussion  (Read 689053 times)
Alan Rees

« Reply #975 on: April 23, 2012, 04:26:45 PM »

Of course , when it came to getting Alan to do any work it was a different story . No matter how much we all tried we couldn't get him off his backside .

Indeed it was good to relax while Frank's son, Thomas, was doing such excellent work:

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:37:45 PM by Alan Rees » Logged
DB_epoch_III

« Reply #976 on: April 24, 2012, 01:37:52 AM »

Hi Nick,

You have to know that Alan had to to another very hard job, seen on your picture. He had to make advertisement for our exhibition in May and he caught a cold some days before too.

BTW: What was happened, that you were placed in the corner? I think I ask the stand master Jacq next time.

I was in Dortmund on Sunday to load up the layouts of Jacq and Abd to transport both to Leverkusen. It's stunning to see this layouts in real and working.

Yours sincerely
Franz  (62)

(Germany - Leverkusen)
Erkut Baykal

« Reply #977 on: April 24, 2012, 05:15:24 AM »

Hi Guys,

Just returned...what a show it was....a bit tired...more to follow soon

Erkut
Mr Potato Head

« Reply #978 on: April 24, 2012, 08:21:42 AM »

Thanks for the photo; it’s amazing to me that modelers look the same across the pond, heck you could be from Iowa.
Gil

Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho
shropshire lad

« Reply #979 on: April 24, 2012, 09:04:15 AM »

I had a text from Jacq this morning saying that he has been taken to hospital as he no longer has any lower body function . Quite what this means I am not sure . Whatever it means it doesn't sound good . I can't see him being able to attend Leverkusen in two weeks time , but fortunately the layout is already there so I guess the other boys will sort it out and have it running .

I hope this is a temporary thing and that he is up and running as soon as possible ,

Nick
Alan Rees

« Reply #980 on: April 24, 2012, 09:19:35 AM »

I had a text from Jacq this morning saying that he has been taken to hospital as he no longer has any lower body function . Quite what this means I am not sure . Whatever it means it doesn't sound good . I can't see him being able to attend Leverkusen in two weeks time , but fortunately the layout is already there so I guess the other boys will sort it out and have it running .

I hope this is a temporary thing and that he is up and running as soon as possible ,

Nick

Jacq's jolly face at Dortmund certainly hid the tremendous problems he is currently experiencing. I sincerely hope that a remedy can be found for his condition.  I'm sure that he knows he has all our best wishes, and hope there is a chance that he will be able to go to Leverkusen.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:35:03 AM by Alan Rees » Logged
Erkut Baykal

« Reply #981 on: April 24, 2012, 10:03:21 AM »

...of course its temporary ,he will be there Alan. The Jacq I know is a tough guy he will overcome it.He has all our best wishes from down here.

Now to the show; The right hand corner of hall 4 was where the main attraction was. We were just neighbors with Jacqs fantastic layout; The Mill:

...and ours; Selcuk:

...some shots from The Mill from my perspective;

.....having a break;

..he sure is enjoying himself;

....and is still reading a book about logging;

....enjoying ourselves after the show;

..last day, Franz has joined us to take both Selcuk and The Mill to Leverkuesen

...and finally, Nick feel no fret.....revenge has been taken; Wink

Erkut
Alan Rees

« Reply #982 on: April 24, 2012, 10:29:16 AM »

Great pictures, Erkut.     Standing there for 10 mins was the most strenuous thing I did.

Thanks for the photo; it’s amazing to me that modelers look the same across the pond, heck you could be from Iowa.
Gil

What with all the Romulans, Klingons, and Vulcans who hang out in Iowa, our motley crew would hardly look unusual there.
Modellers always look the same in order to conceal their true identities.  

Nobody (except Nick) recognised the Hood, did they ?  

-
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:30:51 AM by Alan Rees » Logged
finescalerr
Administrator

« Reply #983 on: April 24, 2012, 11:25:48 AM »

I had a good time just looking at the pictures. It seems those who attended must have had a ball. Except for Nick, of course, who had to stand in the corner the whole time.

I am very concerned about Jacq. Somebody please keep us up to date on his progress.

Russ
Ray Dunakin

« Reply #984 on: April 24, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »

Thanks for all the pics, looks like it was a lot of fun!

So sorry to hear that Jacq has been hospitalized. I hope and pray that he will be ok.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin’s World
jacq01

« Reply #985 on: April 25, 2012, 12:42:15 AM »

the photo's do give a good impression.  And the atmosphere among the modellers was great.
I had already some walking problems since september and went around with a walking stick and later with a walker.
In march it appeared to improve a little. For the large exhibition in
dortmund I took my wheelchair with me tosit and see at the same time. the ability to push myself up from the bed or seat became harder on sunday.
when arriving home i managed to get my wheelchair out of the car while seating and get into it. i was unable to get upstairs so had to sleep on the couch.
overnight loss of sense below the hips got worse. the housedokter came and left and half an hour later i was on my way to hospital.
russ would be jalous with all those nice nurces around. butt they are making a gruyere cheese of me with taking their testing samples.
the prelim. diagnose is Cauda Echina Syndrome.  More info will follow.

Jacq

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.
Alan Rees

« Reply #986 on: April 25, 2012, 12:54:21 AM »

Good to hear from you Jacq. I hope you get the very best treatment, especially from the nurses.
Abdusta

« Reply #987 on: April 25, 2012, 02:21:28 AM »

Jacq

I hope to see you again in Leverkursen.

regards
A.usta
Chuck Doan
Mr. Wizard

« Reply #988 on: April 25, 2012, 06:10:41 AM »

Thanks for the show coverage!

Jacq, sorry to hear of the new troubles. I hope it is just a temporary setback.

“They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details.” -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/
finescalerr
Administrator

« Reply #989 on: April 25, 2012, 12:28:45 PM »

I looked up the condition on Wikipedia. Apparently doctors can treat it and sometimes full recovery is possible. In your case, let's all  hope for a full recovery. -- Russ
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 79
  Print  

Jump to: