• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's Logging Project Discussion

Started by marc_reusser, February 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Good luck and lots of fun at the show.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Alan Rees

The Normans (French Vikings) were the last lot who invaded England. In spite of this domination they failed to fully implement their language which is why French is still regarded as a foreign language. English is a mixture of German, Danish and French, i.e. Anglo-Saxon influenced by the Normans, which means it is also a foreign language. It is not surprising that we rarely understand each other when we are all speaking a foreign language.

finescalerr

We could all speak Latin .... -- Russ

james_coldicott

QuoteWe could all speak Latin .... -- Russ

Russ,

what a vacuous proposition!

"circumvent latin at all costs"

... that's my motto!

James  ;)

mad gerald

Quote from: finescalerr on November 22, 2011, 01:31:48 AM
We could all speak Latin ....

... [sic!] ... (si libet, licet) ...

Bexley

CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

marc_reusser

Quote from: Alan Rees on November 21, 2011, 05:12:47 PM
The Normans (French Vikings) were the last lot who invaded England..

That explains "Asterix & Obelix"! ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

mad gerald

... ROMANES EUNT DOMUS ... romani, ite domum ...  ;)

finescalerr

Everybody on this forum is crazy. Now, all of you ... go stand in the corner! -- ssuR

mad gerald

Quote from: finescalerr on November 23, 2011, 12:39:15 AM
Everybody on this forum is crazy. Now, all of you ... go stand in the corner! -- ssuR

... hmphhh ... getting quite crowded 'round here these days ...  :P

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on November 23, 2011, 12:39:15 AM

Bloody cheek , you started it with all this latin nonsense . You go and stand in the corner ,

Nick , off to jolly old France tomorrow . That should piss them off nicely .

jacq01

We will have a truly international crew:  English, German, Dutch and a French friend will drop in on Sunday.

For sure w'll have fun, but first we'll have to find Nick on Charles de Gaulle Airport and find our way to the other side of Paris without navigation  ;D ;D ;D

Pity we don't have time to visit the Moulin Rouge or Follies Bergere to see lots of girls in thongs  :( :(  (or less)
  No standing in the corner as we have a prime spot in the hall  http://railexpo.fr/?lang=en
  The header photo is of my last layout Dreimühlentalbahn.  ;D 

I'll hope to be back on Monday evening with plenty of photo's of the event. Not too many layouts and with firms like Fulgurex, Lematec, Lombardier, al high end
  manufacturer's with limited numbers of models, mainly in brass with steel wheels. The tradition of Expometrique is, with a different approach, continued.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

jacq01

we had a lot of fun  ;D ;D
    the first night with the3 of us in one typial french hotel room. After my complaint, I got for the rest of the show a room for myself  :D

Nick and Michael run the layout so realistic that it received  First Price in the category "Plus belles Reseau"  or Best in Show Award.
    Everything functioned well except some small items that were solved quickly, like a broken wire in one of the loco's, the controller instructions for the points
    and loco's interaction. but all in all , a extremely rewarding cooporation between different nationalities ( english, german and dutch )
    None of us speak French so communication between public and operators was kept to a minimum,

A pity Michael did not read his agenda correctly and discovered that he had an appointment on Monday morning 10.00h in Dortmund.
    We reluctantly left Sunday evening for a night trip to Holland, leaving Nick to find his way to the airport all by himself.  :o :o
    I have to find out later today or he arrived home or that we have to start a search action.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

shropshire lad

You're OK , Jacq , you don't need to explain to my wife why you abandoned me in the wastelands of France to fend for myself , because I made it out intact and have reached civilisation again .

Nick