• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Feldbahnmodule with ship

Started by fspg2, April 21, 2011, 12:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fspg2

Hello,

I hope you are all doing well in this strange time !

I haven't been able to do anything in my lift bridge project for a long time.

The winch was constructed well two and a half years ago.

In the meantime, a slightly crumbled side part appeared, but it was a bit unstable to build the winch out of it.

Winde_25 (fspg2)

Winde_25 (fspg2)

Since the winch is supposed to be functional, I did not dare to just solder rivets on both sides.
The parts should now be printed out of nickel silver.

Within a week, two perfectly dimensioned side parts came from the foundry today: D

Winde_26 (fspg2)

Two "sand-lime stone bases" were milled from a 4.0 mm piece of brass. These later give a secure connection to the base plate. The airbrush will provide the right color impression.

Winde_28 (fspg2)

Winde_29 (fspg2)

Winde_30 (fspg2)

Winde_31 (fspg2)

After the winch side parts were freed from the sprues, sandpaper files with increasingly fine grains were used.

In order to get a small impression, I have loosely put together the parts of the winch that have been finished so far.

Winde_32 (fspg2)

Several small parts are still missing on the winch, e.g. the brake/locking mechanism, a few connecting profiles and rods, the hand crank ...

It will take some time before the entire bridge is finally assembled, but the pension is in sight.

Stay healthy :!: :!: :!:

Frithjof

Bill Gill

More top notch work. I like your brass "sand-limestone" bases. I don't think I have ever seen stone modeled with brass before.
What happened to the crumbled side part?

finescalerr

Yet another example of your outstanding craftsmanship. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

Many months have passed again in which I couldn't really make progress on the lift bridge. I hope to be able to continue building here with a little more concentration soon.

In between I was looking for something where my little light rail locomotives could be parked.

I have a small four to five-seater open shed with a transfer platform in mind.

The search in the Buntbahn-Forum showed a nice little rotary sliding table from the Frankfurt Feldbahnmuseum:

[size=11] The photo is from Thomas Heyl and can be found here:
http://www.buntbahn.de/fotos/showphoto.php?photo=21975&size=big&sort=7&thecat=663[/size]

After Marcel provided me with further pictures and a sketch, I could draw. Thank you Marcel

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_01 (fspg2)

At first I wanted the platter to turn on 2.2mm ball bearing balls ...

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_02 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_04 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_05 (fspg2)

... in an attempt without balls, however, the disk turned just as easily!

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_07 (fspg2)

So the parts for a second pane were adjusted in height and milled again - here they are loosely put together.

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_08 (fspg2)

For the exact alignment of the 1.0mm base plate and the round lower part of the turntable, 2.0mm holes were drilled afterwards - one hole would have been enough!

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_09 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_06 (fspg2)

I have adjusted the rail profiles in the rounding in a small gauge.

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_10 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_12 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_13 (fspg2)

The base plate and the lower part of the turntable were coated with some solder paste and S39. A 2.0mm rivet was (briefly) inserted into one of the side holes for precise alignment. According to Volker's tip (Merci for it :)), all of this was fixed between two plates with clamps. Don't be surprised that the saw blade had a broken point!

The soldering was done with a large flame.

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_14 (fspg2)

After cooling, the residues of the S39 were rinsed off with soap and water. After the sandblasting everything looked a little better.

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_16 (fspg2)

Frithjof

finescalerr

This stuff belongs in a museum so, a century from now, people still can admire it. -- Russ

Barney

"WOW"   Things just get better
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Les Tindall

Animated computer drawings now, I'm still at the pencil and ruler stage!
Les

Bill Gill

It's amazing that when progress on your lift bridge project stopped for a time, you started a second project that is already looking very good.

Ray Dunakin

Very cool! I think that's the first time I've seen a transfer table that also includes a turntable.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

Thank you all for the accolade!

The turntable still needs small parts, which on the one hand lock the disc ...

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_21 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_22 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_23 (fspg2)

... and on the other hand prevents the rolling of the field railway tipper. Needless with small light rail locomotives, they have their own brake.

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_17 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_19 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_20 (fspg2)

Frithjof

1-32

Hi Frithjof.
Always a great pleasure to see your very clever models they are truly inspiring.
cheers Kim

finescalerr

Your drawings always are excellent but the metal parts your produce are nothing short of superb. -- Russ

fspg2

Thanks Kim, thanks Russ!

The locking of the turntable consists of two parts , in which the two outer guides need a 0.5mm hole.
I milled two small guide gauges (yellow) from 2.0mm MS58. They are pushed over the part to be drilled like shoes and fixed in a further gauge made of HPL in a small vice. Now the 0.5mm drill can be positioned exactly.

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_24 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_26 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_27 (fspg2)

Later the rotary transfer table will run in a brick pit on two rails and transport the small locomotives rotated by 90 ° into an open shed.

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_28 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_29 (fspg2)
:?:

The wheels with a diameter of approx. 9.5mm will come from Steiner Modellwerke - but unfortunately I have to wait 3 months until they are available again.

Frithjof

finescalerr

Considering your own skill, you probably could turn better wheels yourself and also avoid a three month delay. -- Russ