• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Tindall

Kim, you always put lots of character into your modelling  (and sometimes characters!) and this one is no exception. Great stuff!
Les

Barney

Very tasteful in many ways with atmosphere
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Morning Russ, Ray, Les and Barney.
Thank you.
At the moment it is just getting the walls finished, a bit repetitive but nearly there then onto the fun bits.
cheers

Bernhard

Well done, Kim.  I really like the cottage because it is so different from ours.

Bernhard

1-32

Morning all best wishes to you all.
Moving along.
Yes Bernhard it is totally different from anything that you would find in central Europe, but very much a part of my world.
Just knuckling down and getting the walls up so much wood and the lattice there is about 300 mm or 1 foot of the stuff. At the moment I am understudied whether to panel it out like the door nothing is fixed. The detail of the kitchen chimney common a large cast freestanding stove would have taken up the space inside.
Anyway, if anybody is around the Netherlands more specifically Utrecht at the end of March next year it will be great to see your faces .
cheers.

finescalerr

I really like how the house is shaping up. Color everywhere and that corrugated chimney is wonderful. Satisfactory ... so far. -- Russ

Barney

Its un-believable what people do to there buildings - but when the proof is shown of the real thing well it leaves many speechless !! Your building is full of atmosphere and character keep the excellent work up - its great stuff
Here is one from England - you name it they used it -but its quite unbelievable  !!
Barney 
Stuart McPherson

Barney

resizing gone to pot again it shows its size as 143 kb - but error comes up to big !!!!!!!
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

bricks
Stuart McPherson

Barney

another at last
Stuart McPherson

Les Tindall

Ah thanks Barney, I see Nick's house is coming along nicely!!!
Les

WP Rayner

Love the whimsy and randomness in your structures Kim.
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

1-32

Morning, all good wherever you are in the world.
Thanks, Russ, Barney, Les, and Paul.
Barney great set of pictures is always a pleasure to view new references.
Anyway moving along so much cutting the lattice is finished and after some fiddling, I have got it all to fit. The painting is a big job on some walls there are a number of different colours and finishes, I have no idea how it will look but I am in no hurry.
The first 3 photos are of progress so far and the last 2 are part of my reference photo. What about the decay and the waterfall in the first photo and the last? Before the pandemic, there was an emerging tourist destination in the far North of Australia, tropical, Robinson Crusio eco-tourism , back to the wild on phones nothing only a small group to look after you amazing food and adventure very expensive now closed but typical of the possible layout under my house.
cheers.

Ray Dunakin

Great job! I like all the lattice.

That prototype shot of the decaying ruins with the waterfall is really interesting. Was it some kind of mill?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Your last little house and this one have inspired me enough that I'm finally working on a model of my own. I'll post something tomorrow, kind of an "advanced progress" shot. But it's boring in comparison to the structure you're building. You are an artist; I just build models. -- Russ