• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Another project a V 100 or better BR 212 of the German Federal Railways.

Started by Design-HSB, March 31, 2020, 01:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

My core competence is more modelling, and unfortunately not the English language, corners or whatever.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

Morning Helmut.
Your English is just fine I never have a problem understanding you.
Your project is looking great.
Cheers Kim

Design-HSB

We continue with the construction of the speedometer generator.

The first parts for the speedometer generator are ready and are later attached to the 2 axis on the left side of the locomotive.

In the meantime, the missing parts have been completed and the speedometer has been created from them. 

Wing arm swing with speedometer of the 2 axle front left, my V 100 BR 212 in scale 1:22.5. The speedometer is composed of 11 milling parts with 8 pieces M0,6 and 4 pieces M1 with a washer.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

I'm building on a BR 212 and I've already reported on it.

An example would be the speedometer generator.

Wing arm swing with speedometer of the 2 axle front left, my V 100 BR 212 in scale 1:22.5. The speedometer is composed of 11 milling parts with 8 pieces M0,6 and 4 pieces M1 with a washer.

I have already made several attempts to get into 3D drawing technology. Through a tip I learned about the free software DesignSpark. With the help of German instructions on YouTube I started to learn the software and here follows the first result.

The speedometer generator drawn in 3D with DesignSpark.

The result is an STL file that should be the template for a brass casting.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bernhard

Good start, Helmut. I did it the same way some time ago. However, I work with Onshape. The program is also free and offers the possibility to directly generate 2D drawing for manufacturing.

Bernhard

Design-HSB

Bernhard,
thank you very much for the information. As a 2D software I use EuroCAD Professional, which is a chargeable, but I also use my portal milling machine a Mimaki ME 500. This connection to 2D editing is very important to me, unfortunately in DesignSpark not yet satisfactory for me. Sorry, I can't import existing data. I want to test the new version of FreeCAD now. Onshape I would like to use that it is openly accessible webbased.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

Hi Helmut.
Wonderful detail and a very convincing finish.
all the best
Kim.

Design-HSB

I'm busy constructing and from time to time I have to check if that's really possible.

That's why I started with the diamond gratings for the steps.

Film drawn on the computer for diamond grid steps. Format 200 x 300 mm.

The finished etching sheet made of 0.15 mm nickel silver sheet with a format of 200 X 300 mm.

The etched parts held in a frame for a diamond grid.

The stripes are turned down in the left grid frame and up in the right grid frame to be able to plug them together.

Thus, half of the strips are put together, since the 1.2 mm height of the strips, because of the small distance, had to be distributed over a total of 4 frames.

Prepared is the next frame, again with each 2 strips to fill the gaps.

After putting it together, the last frame is ready.

Now the grid is put together and the frames are fixed on the outside with solder, so that the part can be further processed.

Before separating from the frame, all nodes were soldered by the grid at the cross points. This was done with a lot of flux, a large soldering iron with a wide tip and very little solder.

View of the finished grid with a coin for size comparison.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Wow! That is a lot of excellent designing, clean etching and impeccable fabrication!!
It looks grate (that's a pun), and great!

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Design-HSB

Hello, thanks for the recognition, then I want to continue.

Soldering and biegelehre cab steps.

Soldering and bending honor for the shunting steps.

Sufficient grid for hopefully many nice kicks.

The first shunting step is ready.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

I've never seen a modeler design and then build anything like that. Most satisfactory. -- Russ

Lawrence@NZFinescale

Cheers,

Lawrence in NZ
nzfinescale.com