• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 Bucket chain excavator Ertmer KB 1

Started by Bernhard, October 27, 2019, 03:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

A slot must be milled in the base plate.

Bernhard

And the parts can already be assembled.

Bernhard

The last attachments are now the handbrake and the gear levers for operating the excavator.

Bernhard

The hand brake with the characteristic cast crank.

Bernhard

The two levers (one for switching the chain on and off, and one for selecting the direction of travel) and the bearing block.

Bernhard

The gate for the locking of the gear levers.

Bernhard

And all attached to the excavator.

Now the next important work is on the agenda: mounting the chain with the buckets.

Until then: stay healthy!

Bernard

Hydrostat

Phew, this keeps being amazing. What a pity you decided to build it in the current state. The hood had a lot of character!
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Bill Gill

It is impressive to see this project progress.
It gets better as you go.

finescalerr

I suspect the lad has a modicum of talent. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Awesome!

The housing for the operator certainly was interesting.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Thanks, guys.

Hydrostat and Ray, I'm sure you have a point. But with the housing, you wouldn't have been able to see all the nice details like for example the winches. I also like the clean lines and the highly visible construction of the excavator without the housing.

Bernhard

finescalerr

I was looking through my archives last night and found a huge archive of lo-res Feldbahn photos. One caught my eye and I've attached it. I have no idea who the modeler is or how old the photo might be although it's probably no more than about 15 years old. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on March 31, 2020, 11:47:48 AM
I was looking through my archives last night and found a huge archive of lo-res Feldbahn photos. One caught my eye and I've attached it. I have no idea who the modeler is or how old the photo might be although it's probably no more than about 15 years old. -- Russ

I have also been collecting photos of eimerkettenbaggers (that's German for bucket chain excavators!) for a number of years and also have that image in my collection. However , I can't access them at the moment .

I still can't see why Bernhard couldn't build two at the same time and sell one to me !

Feel free to post more Feldhahn photos . I can't get enough of them .

Nick in plague free Shropshire (well , almost) .

1-32

Hi Bernard.
Really a piece of wonderful jewelry.
cheers