• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 Bucket chain excavator Ertmer KB 1

Started by Bernhard, October 27, 2019, 03:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

Add a few more prominent screws, ...

Bernhard

... and the top is also ready.

Bernhard

And here's the cover.

Bernhard

And with that this subassembly is also finished. The cover is only loosely attached and does not fit exactly yet.

Bernhard

As can be seen on the prototype photo, the casing has no door. To hide the unsightly parts of the drives, I decided to give the model one.
The hinges consist of tubes with a diameter of 1/0.6 mm and strips 1.5 x 0.3 mm.

Bernhard

Of course, the door also needs a latch.

Bernhard

And there's the door.

Bernhard

finescalerr

If I had known it was that easy to build an excavator, I'd have built a couple last week! -- ssuR

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on January 05, 2020, 11:09:22 AM
If I had known it was that easy to build an excavator, I'd have built a couple last week! -- ssuR

I gather this week is fairly free for you , so I'll buy  the second one you build from you .

Nick

TRAINS1941

Quote from: finescalerr on January 05, 2020, 11:09:22 AM

Well you certainly got the lead out  ???

This could be a banner year for you!  And just to bust your chops to bad you don't have a magazine to get your work published in!!!  ::)

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Barney

Bernhard

The next subassembly is somewhat simpler: the bucket ladder support.

Bernhard

Also for this part I make a soldering jig first.

Bernhard

The individual profiles are soldered together here.