• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Azure (The Dead Pool)

Started by marc_reusser, August 25, 2013, 03:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

Well, it don't cost nothin' to follow along ... so, what the hell ...

Let's see where the slimy old pool goes ...  ???  8)

Good luck with yer weird project, man!  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

I suppose you'll try to finish this one for the narrow gauge convention, too .... -- Russ

marc_reusser

M-Works

Alexandre

I love it. I love it when my name's written bold but when it's Marc who's doing all the hard work.
:)
Seriously cool work.

BTW : Azure is the name of this swimming pool. Лазурный

Gordon Ferguson

Quote from: Alexandre on August 26, 2013, 03:40:02 AM
I love it. I love it when my name's written bold but when it's Marc who's doing all the hard work  ;D

Likewise, and I can talk a good game.

Mind you inclined to agree with the question of "why"

Can't understand why  you did not just do a Tiger tank, or something from the Rio Grande with antlers and chains for some variation  ;)
Gordon

marc_reusser

Gordon...I guess if I have to I could always work on that boring T-34 thing ("Water Lilies"),...or something like a road roller. :P :)

Marc

M-Works

jacq01

Marc,

cool. Will the result get that faint green light in the dark as it in the contaminated area ?

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Guy Milh(imeter)

Waw !!! Can't wait to see this come together !!!

TRAINS1941

Quote from: finescalerr on August 26, 2013, 12:35:13 AM
I suppose you'll try to finish this one for the narrow gauge convention, too .... -- Russ

Give him a little time he still could make your last book!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

marc_reusser

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on August 27, 2013, 02:49:44 PM
Quote from: finescalerr on August 26, 2013, 12:35:13 AM

Give him a little time he still could make your last book!!!

Jerry

Ha!...for once I actually finished my stuff for the final mag before/by the deadline. Now it's some other guy, to still finish. :D

M-Works

nk

Marc, This is a supercool project. This kind of decay is a very compelling subject for a diorama. I am very excited about the building of this diorama.

A little off topic, but related: Have you checked out the recent batch of photos of huge abandoned buildings in Detroit by Marchand and Meffre?

Also there are some great photos by Robert Polidori of grand Cuban buildings in disrepair, New Orleans after Katrina and flooded art galleries. Beautiful haunting photos.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Mobilgas

Detroit ??? I was down there last week had to go to the VA Hospital for a appointment.  Didn't bring my camera or my 40 cal....so I didn't do any running around in the HOOD
Craig

finescalerr

I would assume the 40 caliber is a Glock rather than a machine gun. -- Russ

jim s-w

Quote from: nk on August 28, 2013, 09:24:15 AM
Marc, This is a supercool project. This kind of decay is a very compelling subject for a diorama. I am very excited about the building of this diorama.

A little off topic, but related: Have you checked out the recent batch of photos of huge abandoned buildings in Detroit by Marchand and Meffre?

Agreed, I'll b following this with a lot of interest.  On the subject of abandonded buildings etc someone sent me a link to these images of Birmingham snow hill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loose_grip_99/195963771/in/set-72157594227939322

More here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/loose_grip_99/sets/72157594227939322/

Cheers

Jim

Jim Smith-Wright