• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

2011 National Narrow Gauge Convention

Started by nemmrrc, September 08, 2011, 03:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemmrrc

Geoff Nott's Bush Art currently on display at the 2011 National Narrow Gauge Convention in Hickory, NC.

Jaime

Chuck Doan

Thanks for the update Jaime! He is a master of scenery.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

nemmrrc

Quote from: Chuck Doan on September 08, 2011, 07:33:51 AM
Thanks for the update Jaime! He is a master of scenery.
My pleasure Chuck. Geoff's work blew me away. His modeling is on a totally different level.

Jaime

Frederic Testard

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Jaime. Geoff's work is unique.
Frederic Testard

Mobilgas

Craig

nemmrrc

nemmrrc

Quote from: Mobilgas on September 08, 2011, 02:58:15 PM
2 pictures  thats all we get ???
I'll have more later Craig. For now I am enjoying the convention so much I have not had much computer time.

Jaime

danpickard

Thanks for sharing the pics of the event Jaime.
I'm not sure how many of Geoff's "bush boxes" are at the convention, but I understand there were several (maybe 2-3) that went across to Florida (along with the Muskrat layout) that will eventually be housed on display in Dave Revelia's little museum venue that they setting up.  Geoff certainly has a certain intensity to his scenery, that really has to be seen in the flesh to fully appreciate the depth of it.  The photos are always good, but you will know yourself after being in front of it, there is something about them that film can't capture...

Cheers,
Dan

nemmrrc

Quote from: danpickard on September 08, 2011, 03:35:02 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics of the event Jaime.
I'm not sure how many of Geoff's "bush boxes" are at the convention, but I understand there were several (maybe 2-3) that went across to Florida (along with the Muskrat layout) that will eventually be housed on display in Dave Revelia's little museum venue that they setting up.  Geoff certainly has a certain intensity to his scenery, that really has to be seen in the flesh to fully appreciate the depth of it.  The photos are always good, but you will know yourself after being in front of it, there is something about them that film can't capture...

Cheers,
Dan
My pleasure Dan.

There are 3 of Geoff's 3d Bush Art boxes on display here at the convention. The Muskrat Ramble modular layout is here as well.

Jaime

Mobilgas

Jaime,   Ok sounds good  ;D post plenty of pictures when you get the chance.
Craig

nemmrrc

These are the three shadow on display.

I'm surprised I was able to make the photo without any onlookers walking into the frame. These models are very popular amongst the convention goers and there is always a crowd around them.

Jaime

nemmrrc

Here is another photo of the Bush Art boxes.

Jaime

nemmrrc

Here is another photo of the Bush Art boxes.

Jaime

Chuck Doan

Those are a great idea; small and constrained, highly detailable, and you can display them on the wall when they are done. Plus you can explore many different themes or have them relate.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Mr Potato Head

How deep do you think these are? very interesting way of displaying, I am surprised we don't see more of these?
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho