Westlake Publishing Forums
June 15, 2021, 12:48:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feldbahnmodule with ship  (Read 257986 times)
HelgeAndreas

Musician - Steamloco fireman - Father - Husband

« Reply #540 on: April 15, 2021, 04:31:18 AM »

That brickwork is a "Augenschmanckerl"!

Inspiring!

FG H
fspg2

« Reply #541 on: April 30, 2021, 10:27:39 AM »

I thank you for your approval!

@Bill

Excellent!
Do you know what type of material that discontinued landscape and construction adhesive was made of?  
It looks like it was perfect for staining areas that accidentally had some glue residue on them.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get any precise information about the composition of the landscape and construction adhesive, except that it is based on acrylic.

@Hauk
But this project is so complex I have totally lost track of how everything is supposed to go together in the final layout. Have you ever arranged all the components to show how everything fits together? I would love to see that picture.

Have a look on page 16 - post from 08-09-2015: click

Here you can see the dimensions (in centimeter) of the modules:

Module_Abmessungen (fspg2)

Module_12_06_08_1 (fspg2)

Module_12_06_08_3 (fspg2)

Module_12_06_08_5 (fspg2)

Modul-Montage_43 (fspg2)

Modul-Montage_44 (fspg2)

Modul-Montage_45 (fspg2)

There are also many other small projects, such as the Kemna Gigant 8 roller, the Gmeinder 10-12 light rail locomotive.

There are now a lot of projects for which I, as a pensioner, will now have more time - at least I hope so!

A little bit of progress has been made on my loco shed, so the previously loosely laid tracks in the shed were fastened with Old Pullman nails.

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_116 (fspg2)

To do this, holes had to be pre-drilled with a 0.8mm drill, otherwise the small wire pins would bend immediately. I used to have the same nails of a significantly harder quality!

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_117 (fspg2)

The angle profiles that are soldered on lie on the edge of the wall. They still have to be fitted with small hexagonal screws.

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_118 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_119 (fspg2)

All tracks and their nails will later be significantly aged.‚

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_120 (fspg2)

The wooden beams have been pretreated with various stains and have so far gone through several stages of aging with pastel pencils and various stone powders ...
but more powder is scattered. I sprayed the intermediate steps with the landscape and construction glue every now and then.

Likewise, some diagonal struts have to be installed and further imitation wooden dowels glued in.‚

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_121 (fspg2)

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_122 (fspg2)

The corrugated sheets were placed here loosely - as an experiment - in order to get a small preliminary impression.

Dreh-Schiebebuehne_123 (fspg2)

Stay healthy!
Frithjof

Frithjof
finescalerr
Administrator

« Reply #542 on: April 30, 2021, 12:59:01 PM »

I love the whole concept of your layout as much as the individual models. -- Russ
Lawton Maner

« Reply #543 on: May 01, 2021, 10:58:06 AM »

I enjoy the appearance of decay in the weathering of the wood beams and ties.  If I close my eyes I can almost hear the wood rot.
Hauk

« Reply #544 on: May 03, 2021, 01:36:36 PM »

The level of your craftsmanship would be stunning for a single diorama.
Building a layout consisting of 10-15 dioramas is just flabbergasting.

Thanks for sharing!

Regards, Hauk
--
”Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them”  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past
1-32

Hi, I'm Kim.

« Reply #545 on: May 08, 2021, 01:12:41 PM »

now Hi Frithjof.
After all these years following the pieces now seeing it coming together great.
But the sleepers in the yard are special.
cheers Kim.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37]
  Print  

Jump to: