• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

P4NewStreet - modelling Birmingham (UK) in the 1980's - 1:76 scale

Started by jim s-w, May 20, 2010, 08:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

I like the mood of night shots especially. Maybe it is still possible to light up at least 1 lorries.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

jim s-w

Quote from: Design-HSB on April 04, 2018, 04:05:39 AM
I like the mood of night shots especially. Maybe it is still possible to light up at least 1 lorries.

Thanks all

The lorry that's leaving does have the tail lights lit using fibre optics.

Regards

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

finescalerr

Design-HSB

Quote from: jim s-w on April 04, 2018, 05:10:52 AM
Quote from: Design-HSB on April 04, 2018, 04:05:39 AM

Thanks all

The lorry that's leaving does have the tail lights lit using fibre optics.

Regards

Jim
OK Thanks
OK Jim, thank you very much, now I have been able to recognize it, only because the lantern light falls on the taillights, I did not immediately recognize it.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Barney

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

jim s-w

I wasn't all that happy with the positioning of the yard lamps shown last time. The one on the right masked the tail lights on the lorry (as several people didn't notice them) and it didn't do enough to light up the entrance to the yard. Leading a couple of people to enquire how the lorries actually got in. So I've had a bit of a fiddle.

I've added headlights to the lorry.. They are much to bright really but you can't see them from the front of the layout anyway.

The last image shows what I was aiming for. Again its too bright for a lorry of that era but I'm happy with a bit of artistic licence for effect. You can see the difference when the headlights are blocked (on the left).
Jim Smith-Wright

jim s-w

I have also been busy with more AK interactive wet effects fluid. Below are a few overviews that give a better hint of the rain.

Jim Smith-Wright

Bill Gill

Your artistic modeling license paid off, the headlights do add a lot to the scene. 

Design-HSB

Jim, yes Led are sometimes brutally bright, because it helps to increase the series resistance significantly. In any case, the scene has won a lot.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Yeah, the wet weather effect is pretty cool. Is that a permanent treatment?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

jim s-w

Jim Smith-Wright

Allan G