• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Narrow gauge tramway loco

Started by Peter_T1958, November 18, 2020, 08:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

The improvement is so huge a blind man could see it. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

The new wheel looks so much better than the others!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Peter, your decision to make new wheels paid off handsomely. A big improvement!

WP Rayner

WOW... so much better. Well done indeed!
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Hauk

I totally agree that the finer wheels are well worth the extra cost and effort.

You are absolutely on the right track here!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Peter_T1958

Håvard, once in your tread about the «Wooden Ore Cars» I came to the conclusion that your work is far above the level I will ever achieve. That is still a fact, but I am sure your encouraging words help to improve my work within the next few years ;D

Thanks a lot all!
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

1-32

Hi Peter.
Yes, I will just echo the other comments' quality work.
cheers Kim

Peter_T1958

It's been a long time since I posted here an update. As I wrote before I have no lathe, so a precision mechanic has to rework my printed steel wheels. He had to fit in the insolation too, also printed in Accura Xtreme by Shapeways.
After months of waiting, today I received the first wheel set. And I am quite happy with it – all fits together perfectly!

Cheers, Peter
BTW. The bogies are primed with etching primer which has an excellent adhesion indeed!
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

Hauk

Great to see an update! That bogie looks really good. What brand of etch primer did you use, by the way?
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Bill Gill

Peter,That is an excellent bogie!

Bernhard

Impressive work, Peter. Considering that it was made without machines at the kitchen table!

Bernhard

Design-HSB

Hello Peter, nice to see the successful construction progress.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

That is a very good looking wheel set. The chassis looks excellent, too. -- Russ

Sami

Good job Peter ! Pleased to review your work.

Barney

EXCELLENT - Miniature engineering
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson