• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 Bucket chain excavator Ertmer KB 1

Started by Bernhard, October 27, 2019, 03:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Satisfactory. Thank you for posting your progress and happy new year. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Your work is very impressive. (I don't know enough to comment beyond that, but I recognize excellence when I see it).

Ray Dunakin

Holy cow, that is some impressive work! Those tiny pillow blocks look like they're not much bigger than the eye of a needle.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Since it is actually all very small, it is a gigantic work.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

Hi Bernhard.
Happy New Year.
this is a very nice piece of model engineering you are a very good machinist. Was this your profession?
cheers

Bernhard

Thank you for your interest, and to all a happy new year.

Kim, I'm an engineer, not a mechanic. But I worked for many years in technical sales for a company that builds special machines for the watch industry, among other things. I learned a lot from them!

Bernhard

Let's start the new year with the production of the casing for the drives. Here the situation on the prototype and the model.

Bernhard

First of all I milled again a gauge for soldering the two inner frames.

Bernhard

In this one the two mirrored frames are soldered.

Bernhard

The two finished frames.

Bernhard

Over the frames come the sheet metal parts, which are etched.

Bernhard

That's pretty good so far.

Bernhard

This is followed by the more complicated casing of the chain drive. The parts are also etched, and must now be assembled into a box.
Since I had little experience with etching at that time, I disassembled the casing into individual parts. It would have been simpler to draw a flat projection with bending edges.

Bernhard

The lower part is already finished.

Bernhard

The upper inner side part must be halved so that the cover can be put on later, after the chain drive wheels have been mounted.