• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 Bucket chain excavator Ertmer KB 1

Started by Bernhard, October 27, 2019, 03:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

It's done! The ball bearing for the drive shaft and the two slide bearings for the axle are still missing.

Bernhard

The second wheel carrier is created in a similar way.

Bernhard

And here the provisionally mounted travel drive, still without drive motor.

Bernhard

This is the base frame with the mounted travel drive. A first test shows that everything rotates and moves as intended.

Bernhard

However, I had to separate the motor mount from the wheel carrier afterwards. Otherwise it would not have been possible to remove the drive from the base frame.

Bernhard

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Next step: the two side frames.

Bernhard

So that both frames are exactly the same, I mill a solder jig out of an MDF board for the assembly. I do this on the rotary table because some of the profiles are 45° inclined.

Bernhard

All profiles for the two frames are cut to exact length and mitred where necessary.
The material: U-profile 2.5 x 1.5 x 0.3 mm.

Bernhard

The profiles are placed in the jig and then soldered at the points of contact.

Bernhard

And here's the current result.

Bernhard

All sheet metal parts for the entire casing of the excavator are etched from 0.2 mm thick brass sheet.

Bernhard

The two frames and the cover sheets are glued together to form a solid box.

Bernhard

First mock-up of the finished box on the base frame.

Bernhard