• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 Bucket chain excavator Ertmer KB 1

Started by Bernhard, October 27, 2019, 03:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

Peter, thank you for the link. I know Brogioli Casting. They have seen the sample part. They tried to cast it, but unfortunately without success.

finescalerr

It's possible you would find a commercial jeweler more helpful. A guy who creates parts for the fashion industry probably could do what you want. No, I don't know anybody but that might be a niche you could explore. -- Russ

Bernhard

Signs and miracles still happen! After I was in contact with Hydrostat about the problem, I simply tried to call the supplier of the sample part again this morning. He didn't answer again, but then he actually called back an hour later!
He shut down the company for the last 10 months due to certain problems. But now he is back at work with new energy and a new printer. And my buckets are to be delivered by the end of November at the latest.
I am really relieved!

Bernhard

Hauk

Quote from: Bernhard on November 08, 2019, 02:06:56 AM
Signs and miracles still happen! After I was in contact with Hydrostat about the problem, I simply tried to call the supplier of the sample part again this morning. He didn't answer again, but then he actually called back an hour later!
He shut down the company for the last 10 months due to certain problems. But now he is back at work with new energy and a new printer. And my buckets are to be delivered by the end of November at the latest.
I am really relieved!

Bernhard

Excellent news! A caster that can cast walls 0.2mm thick is close to what I would call a casting genius. Do you know if he is open for more business? I would love to try his services.
Look forward to see the bucket castings!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Design-HSB

Hello Bernhard,

congratulations and I am certainly as excited about the result as you are.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

I'm glad you didn't have to follow up on my suggestion. Please post photos of the parts when you receive them. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

That first casting is amazing. I'm glad you can still get the rest of them from the original supplier.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

Bernhard, could you tell us a little more about  the master for the casting?
Is it entirely handmade?
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

SandiaPaul

Paul

Bernhard

Thank you guys for your interest in the castings and for your support.

Hauk, the supplier of the parts is Pfister Feinguss in Lengnau, Switzerland (https://www.pfister-feinguss.ch/).
He told me that he wants to focus on jewellery and model making in the future. So your chances are good.

Hauk and Paul, what you see in replay #27 is not the master, but already a casting. At the beginning of the manufacturing process is my step file of the bucket. This enables the supplier to print a wax plot for each individual part. You can imagine that the handling of these thin-walled wax parts is already a challenge. The parts are then casted in a vacuum casting machine.
Now I'm excited about the series!

Bernhard

5thwheel

Great looking project. Like the buckets.  It looks like something I would have built in my earlier days. I probably would have fabricated the buckets and chain myself.

Bill Hudson
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Hauk

Quote from: Bernhard on November 10, 2019, 06:10:57 AM
Hauk, the supplier of the parts is Pfister Feinguss in Lengnau, Switzerland (https://www.pfister-feinguss.ch/).
He told me that he wants to focus on jewellery and model making in the future. So your chances are good.

Thanks a lot for the link!
I checked out their webpage and Facebook page, and it is incredible what this company can achieve.

https://www.facebook.com/pfisterfeinguss/

Scroll down to the O-scale wagon braking gear, it is almost unbelievable that it has been cast as one piece. This is truly state of the art.
Regards, Hauk
--

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Hauk on November 11, 2019, 06:03:02 AM

I checked out their webpage and Facebook page, and it is incredible what this company can achieve.

https://www.facebook.com/pfisterfeinguss/

Scroll down to the O-scale wagon braking gear, it is almost unbelievable that it has been cast as one piece. This is truly state of the art.

Wow!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Now that the problem with the buckets has been solved, it finally starts with the realization of the excavator. The first subassembly is the base frame.

Bernhard

For soldering most parts I use the holy grail of soldering technology, a resistance soldering device!