• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Some recent work on the In-ko-pah RR

Started by Ray Dunakin, June 28, 2017, 07:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

finescalerr

Oh, very well. (Heh-heh, Lawton doesn't remember that Nick's corner has all the bikini girls and gourmet food ....) -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Quote from: finescalerr on November 14, 2017, 12:16:07 PM
Oh, very well. (Heh-heh, Lawton doesn't remember that Nick's corner has all the bikini girls and gourmet food ....) -- Russ

Well hell I'm moving over with Nick you can have my corner!! ;D

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Lawton Maner

Russ:
Look again, Nick's is still full of empty food boxes.

Ray Dunakin

I think I've discovered Murphy's Law of Model-Making: A spilled bottle of solvent will always flow towards a stack of recently completed styrene details.

Doh!!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

So of course you didn't post a photo ... and I don't blame you. -- Russ

michael mott

Some nice detail ideas Ray. The corrugated metal looks great. I one of the Fiskars units to make the corrugated.http://www.girr.org/girr/tips/tips4/cheap_siding.html

The Engine is neat I like the way you solved the small covers.

Michael

Greg Hile

About that Murphy's Law of Model Making, I can confirm its existence. Fortunately, the damage was minor but I can say that .030 Evergreen is no match for half a bottle of solvent. Oh well ...

Ray Dunakin

After a very lengthy hiatus from modeling, I'm finally starting to get back into it a little. Currently I'm trying to finish up the two incomplete projects I'd been working on before. One of these is the Grizzly Bar saloon. I last worked on this almost a year ago. Here's where I left off:

Since then I've painted and weathered the upper portion to look like old wood with faded/peeled paint. The corrugated metal was painted with two-part rust from Sophisticated Finishes. I also put corrugated metal on the roof of the patio. Signs were made by printing out the designs onto self-adhesive vinyl, which was then cut out as a stencil:

Because the roof has warped a little, I had to curve the lettering slightly:

The windows and doors were painted separately prior to installing the glass:

I added security bars to the patio door. These were made from styrene:

The building is now complete except for the lights and some interior details:

Enjoy!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi, Ray, you did a really good job on the  white walls at the bottom of the ramp cheers

finescalerr

Hydrostat

Ray, this is amazing. A pleasure to watch.
Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Bill Gill

Ray, Yo've still got the touch. The styrene looks like weathered wood and rusted metal and the Saloon fits right in to the town.

Barney

I agree with all - lovely stuff
Barney

Greg Hile

Really nice work! Glad to see you back at it again. Hopefully i'll Be off the disabled list soon. Detached retina in February, severL surgeries, laser treatments, and the most incredible pain I've ever experienced, I have another surgery this Wednesday that will hopefully take care of it all. One hard part is not having any depth perception, which for someone with Parkinson's on heavy painkillers is not a good candidate to use sharp knives. So I putter a lot and you and Chuck and everyone else here inspire me to keep going ...