• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

2013 Modelers Annual

Started by marc_reusser, November 03, 2013, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Railton

The girls are next weekend for a different kind of "model" convention.

Don

marc_reusser

Russ,

If you are going to continue with any type of digital mag or articles...and really want to appeal to a wider audience, I think you need to have your "guy" change the meta-text on the website, because it talks WAAAAY to much about model railroading and prototype model railroads....and this text shows when the site is linked to social media sites:

"Westlake Publishing Company - Prototype and Modeling Information for All Scales - Superior Books...
www.finescalerr.com

Westlake Publishing's Annuals cover prototype railroads and all model railroad scales. Stunning photography of the world's best scale models, dioramas, and layouts."

.......and this may alienate and confuse much of the rest of the modeling community that you are trying to reach.

In short.....if the model RR guys don't care for you...why is your site pandering to them?
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

Remember, all this began as a model railroad magazine. It has only recently and very gradually begun to include other kinds of modeling.

But your point is valid: Now that railroad related subjects are merely one facet of my preference to support modeling in general, I need to modify my artwork. (That text is art, not html text.) At this point I might take some delight in alienating some train guys more than I have in the past!

But I need to attract more female models ... and I can't attend next weekend's east coast "different kind of 'model' convention." Nuts!

Russ

marc_reusser

Pretty sure that text is HTML..it is part of the site meta-text....it's in the background encoding, and what identifies and helps describe the site n a search engine,....that is why it pops up in links as the description.  Unfortunately I changed my OS, and in this version have not figured out how to view the html of a site/page, otherwise I could do a screen capture of it.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

mad gerald

Quote from: marc_reusser on November 11, 2013, 02:07:19 AM
Pretty sure that text is HTML..it is part of the site meta-text....it's in the background encoding, and what identifies and helps describe the site n a search engine,....that is why it pops up in links as the description.  Unfortunately I changed my OS, and in this version have not figured out how to view the html of a site/page, otherwise I could do a screen capture of it.

... you're talking 'bout the META NAMES/TAGS ... ?!

... et voilà ...

Junior

Russ,

Forget it ;D ;D ;D....female models have already been done and dropped by the A.K. Interactive "Weathering Magazine". Now they are featuring male models  >:(.

How about some talented female MODELERS for the digital publication? Here´s a couple of very talented girls.

Emma Persson, Sweden.    Science Fiction, Aircraft & much more.
Britt Persson, Sweden.      Civilian Dioramas
Kathy Milllat, U.K.              Railroading & Dioramas

I´m sure there are many more out there that I´m not aware of.

Anders

P.S. Forgot the "Paper Ship Girl" from Hungary? that posted here.

kathymillatt

I'm all for good modellers of either sex! As long as we don't have to pose tastefully with our models strategically placed...

I'm honoured to be included in the list but not sure I'm up there with many of the modellers on this forum.

That reminds me, I must take some better photos and post what I have been up to.

Still waiting for the Modellers Annual to hit UK shores.

Kathy

eTraxx

Quote from: Junior on November 11, 2013, 02:27:27 AM
Anders

P.S. Forgot the "Paper Ship Girl" from Hungary? that posted here.
Doris
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Frederic Testard

It didn't reach the French ones either, Kathy...
But the pics on the website are quite exciting (more than Russ' thongs...).
Frederic Testard

finescalerr

Frederic, how could you possibly think such a thing? Go stand in the corner! -- ssuR

jacq01

Quotemore than Russ' thongs...

French knikkers ??????  ;)
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Frederic Testard

Sometimes things that I think are so deep I can't understand them myself. Must be one of these times...
OK, OK I go to the corner...
Jacq, that sounds quite ascetic compared to Russ' Grande vie...
Frederic Testard

Gordon Ferguson

Well the annual hit the UK shores, think my postman wanted to read it first   :)

Been waiting over a year now to read how Ray did his " styrene to wood" but it's been worth the wait,absolutely fabulous  ;D
Gordon

Chuck Doan

I agree, Ray's wood painting is spectacular.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Frederic Testard

It hit France too. A perfect achievement.
Frederic Testard