• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

2013 Modelers Annual

Started by marc_reusser, November 03, 2013, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Gil,
Already happened. You missed it!

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

And, after the activities in Marc's image, there will be a funeral at which all attendees will get very drunk and dance on my grave.

Thanks to everybody who has commented on the current book. Please give 30% of the credit to Marc for taking the trouble to put together the amazing talent who contributed to the book, 60% of the credit to yourselves for your outstanding artistry and for taking the trouble to create the articles. I'll take the remaining 10% for merely organizing the work.

Gil (and others): The digital version should be available within a couple of weeks. I need to prepare and upload the artwork for the home page and my web guru then must find time to get it online. The PDF will be ready for download when you see the new Modelers' Annual artwork on the homepage.

Russ

Mr Potato Head

Darn!
I hate it when that happens!!!!!
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Bexley

Hobby store had it it in today.

Being the last physical one, I feel kinda bad I didn't try to get something into it. Ah, well.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

finescalerr

It's already in stores? Wow. It shipped a month early. -- Russ

Bexley

That's what I thought. I always remember it not showing up until December.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Franck Tavernier

Quote from: finescalerr on November 05, 2013, 02:08:10 AM
The PDF will be ready for download when you see the new Modelers' Annual artwork on the homepage.

Russ

Russ, I ordered the PDF version, but I can't download it!

It does not work ... ??? >:( ::) ::)

Franck

Mobilgas

Picked up my copy at my LHS this afternoon ;D.... Russ, this is one Great Annual.
Craig

Junior

Wow.....just fantastic! What a Grande Finale  ::) ::).

I do have most of the Fine Scale mags. and of course all the Annuals, but this is the one! Salute to Russ and all the guys who contributed.

Anders

Mr Potato Head

Even though I live in Po-Dunk (BFE) for some of you not familiar with Po-Dunk term
MLHS has tons of the 2013 Annuals and they also have handfuls of back issues. So even though it may sound crazy?
if there's one of you campers who can't live without a hard copy email me off list and I will see if I can't help you, otherwise I plan to buy them all and save them like fine wine and sell them for millions on ebay some day! Because it's the best annual ever built! congratulations to all the contributors and to you Russ for a great issue.
MPH
gflores1099@yahoo.com
BFE AKA Po-Dunk Idaho, U.S.A.
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Mobilgas

Gill,   I to thought of buying all the copy's at my LHS so no one else could get one ::) and make big BUCKS selling them on E-bay.    ;D ;)
Craig

Seattle Dave

Ran over to my local HS a couple of days ago and picked up the Modelers Annual.  What a beautiful way to go out.  Simply superb photos and test.  Took it along to a medical waiting room, and some folks sitting close by saw little bits of it, and then moved over into chairs right next to me and engaged me in conversations regarding the contents, modeling in general, etc.  None of them were modelers in any way and had never been, but exhibited a sincer interest and admiration for the work shown.

My congrats to Russ, and all you guys on the Forum who I've some to know over the years!  I look forward to the next digital stage of publication!

Dave
Dave VanderWal

1-32

just had a look at thr preview.
just the best looking modelling around pity it is the last.
kind regards kim

Don Railton

Russ - During one of the clinics at the Fine Scale Structure Show this weekend, a comment was made about the fact that your publication had just completed it's last hard copy.  That was followed by a groan from the group of railroad guys who said that your book was the last American publication for modelers that was any good.

Don

finescalerr

How disappointing. I would have preferred a groan from a stadium full of beautiful girls in thong bikinis (each eager to cater to my every whim) sorry to enjoy less access to the world's cutest publisher.

Less seriously, and to put Westlake Publishing in context, I've heard that some guys on the RRLine Forum were rather pleased to see the books go. Indeed, some apparently were glad to see ME go ... and I don't even know them! At least 80-percent of Gazette readers couldn't care less. Roughly 99.7 of the model railroad hobby overall didn't even know the books exist.

Remember, those of us who post on the forum number only two or three dozen. While you guys may be the most talented and intelligent modelers on the planet, none of us is statistically relevant. We are square pegs.

Or, as my jazz mentor asked with a mischievous cackle 35 years ago, "Do you ever get the feeling you're 'out of step'?"

Russ