• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Some old and new stuff from a new member.

Started by Alexandre, December 09, 2012, 07:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Quote from: shropshire lad on September 30, 2013, 03:53:48 PM
So it would seem that you ain't no-one if you don't have a sign by Alexandre . I love the irony with the Ferguson soap , seeing as he is a Jock , and they don't wash , and he doesn't work ! And why is Reinberg included ? He doesn't even model .

Nick , sulking in the corner !

I see your holiday did you the world of good !! Come back in a great little mood.

Considering you were holidaying  in Scotland , how was that Hotel at Crinnian?, I bet you were not brave enough to come out with these utterances when you were North of the border ;D
Gordon

lab-dad

Well I for one am interested!
I would love to have a set of those.
-Marty

Junior

Great signs from you Alexandre and Kevin as well!

If you would like to make custom work such as personalised signs maybe one could buy them as PDF files in order to change sizes, use different papers and also be able to print on decal paper for cans etc. Whatever..... I´m interested too.

We also have another excellent graphic designer here on the forum Christian (BKLN) who has been kind enough to help me with many signs.

Anders

mad gerald

Alexandre,

Quote from: Alexandre on September 30, 2013, 01:24:36 PM
If there's interest, I'm considering doing large scale set of real world (or custom ones if you like it better) stuff like this. Enamel signs, posters etc...
I love vintage graphic design and ads (and it's a main inspiration for my daily real life work) and would love to produce something.

Again, if there's interest, I could do it for forum members, printed, and the set would come with a detailed illustrated SBS (suggestions on how to weather this kind of stuff, although Chuck or Marc kind of guys would laugh reading it).
... I would be interested in a (small) set or at least some prints i. e. like the Reinberg lemonade (and an SBS) ... can these drawings be upscaled (up to 1/16) ... ?

Cheers

finescalerr

What paper do you use, Alex? I found Lanaquarelle cold press very useful for representing porous materials (wood, brick) but it is a very different kind of paper from what you must be using. I also learned, the hard way, that even very good matte photo inkjet papers, like Epson's, have a very delicate surface; it tends to chip during construction. Your results are outstanding and all of us would like to learn more about how you do it. -- Russ

P.S.: Nick, go stand in the corner.

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on October 01, 2013, 12:44:00 PM
What paper do you use, Alex? I found Lanaquarelle cold press very useful for representing porous materials (wood, brick) but it is a very different kind of paper from what you must be using. I also learned, the hard way, that even very good matte photo inkjet papers, like Epson's, have a very delicate surface; it tends to chip during construction. Your results are outstanding and all of us would like to learn more about how you do it. -- Russ

P.S.: Nick, go stand in the corner.

I was already in the corner . Should I move to another corner ?

shropshire lad

Quote from: Gordon Ferguson on October 01, 2013, 05:44:01 AM
Quote from: shropshire lad on September 30, 2013, 03:53:48 PM
So it would seem that you ain't no-one if you don't have a sign by Alexandre . I love the irony with the Ferguson soap , seeing as he is a Jock , and they don't wash , and he doesn't work ! And why is Reinberg included ? He doesn't even model .

Nick , sulking in the corner !

I see your holiday did you the world of good !! Come back in a great little mood.

Considering you were holidaying  in Scotland , how was that Hotel at Crinnian?, I bet you were not brave enough to come out with these utterances when you were North of the border ;D

The holiday was fine , except for all the dour Scots ! Only joking . The majority were very nice indeed . It was just the tossers ( probably from Glasgow ) in another cabin who felt it necessary to stay awake all night and thought that everyone else around them needed to stay awake as well .

Couple of nights spent at Crinan and I took photos of two of the three Puffers that we saw . As mentioned elsewhere . Still haven't downloaded the photos .

marc_reusser

Quote from: Krusty on October 01, 2013, 03:53:54 AM
QuoteAgain, if there's interest, I could do it for forum members, printed, and the set would come with a detailed illustrated SBS (suggestions on how to weather this kind of stuff, although Chuck or Marc kind of guys would laugh reading it).

T'would have to be strictly a labour of love. I redrew these enamel (porcelain if you're American) signs for a very small run for an English manufacturer back in 1997. He still had a healthy quantity in stock when he sold the business a couple of years ago.

Well, if I had seen them advertised, I would have bought a sheet or two!
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Andi Little

Quote from: marc_reusser on October 01, 2013, 03:25:53 PM

Well, if I had seen them advertised, I would have bought a sheet or two!

Actually ... Me too! ... Didn't know they existed, and have spent ages searching the net looking for such signs to copy etc.

KBO..................... Andi.

Junior

Would have bought a couple of sets too  >:(! How about reprinting them?

Anders

Krusty

I think there would be ethical and, possibly, legal issues in me reprinting them. I understand they are still available, nowadays from ABS, if you can manage to find The Black Hole of Poole at a British model railway exhibition (I gather mail ordering stuff from him is difficult and he doesn't do internet commerce, apparently).
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

Alexandre

Ouch.
October 2013.
Although I look like, I'm not dead yet, but the past 4 months had been spent far from the workbench and modelling in general.
Lots of new stuff going in real life, but I recently spent some hours on my Somali Toyota Land Cruiser technical, and here are some bad iPhone pictures of the progress :

As a reminder we were there 4 months ago :

And now, with some painting on the front/cab part, Miracle Paint Masks custom masks for the TOYOTA logo on the cargo bed, and a assembled mock up (nothing glued)

Still a lot to do, but it's good to paint again some stuff.
Next step is a bit of weathering, and the doors, too.  :)

Thanks for looking.

Gordon Ferguson

Glad you have had time to get back to the bench, it's been worth the wait  :)
Gordon

finescalerr

You are beginning to show a glimmer of promise. -- Russ

Alexandre

Quote from: finescalerr on January 15, 2014, 12:07:17 PM
You are beginning to show a glimmer of promise. -- Russ

;D

Well, small update and some random pictures : I'm happy with the blurred/sanded/overused aspect of the paint, but I'm hesitating now :
I'll soon have to fit the doors, wonder if I'm making the same scheme, or if I go for replacement doors, in another color/effect maybe a civil or a camo-ed one. I like the idea but it might be a bit cliché, the Frankenstein-ed pick up.