• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Ian McQue's Deckhands Series #1

Started by FichtenFoo, March 26, 2012, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

Quote from: billmart on April 05, 2012, 02:13:05 PM
Is there a way to edit an existing post on this forum?

Bill M.

At the top right of YOUR posts, you'll see the choices "Quote" ... "Modify" ... and "Remove" as shown below.  Click the one that says "Modify" to edit your post, make the changes and then click the button to save those.  (In this case, Russ kindly made the magic changes.)

The "Quote" button lets you copy the remarks from someone else's posts (or your own) to incorporate those into a reply (as I've done here) .... The "Remove" button allows you to delete a post.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

Quote from: billmart on April 05, 2012, 02:13:05 PM
Oops!   My previous post should have said These three guys..., not These the guys...

Is there a way to edit an existing post on this forum?

Bill M.

At the top right of each post in the thread, there are the icons "Quote" "Modify" "Remove"...click on modify and it will show your post/text box, do your changes/corrections, and click "Post" as normal after writig one, and your corretionswill magically appear.

M

EDIT/MODIFY:  Never mind, I see Dallas already took care of the clarification.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

billmart

Thanks Russ, Dallas, and Marc.  Now that it's been pointed out to me, I can't figure out how I missed the Modify button.  I've got to be more observant.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread.  I now return you to the real topic.

Bill M.

FichtenFoo

Now in 1/24 scale! Tell your friends that the preorder will start in a week or two. Barrio Guy and Sasha are also coming in 1/24... just don't have the prints in hand yet.

http://industriamechanika.com/blog/2012/05/deckhands-124-and-barrio-guy-135/
Chicks dig giant robots.

shropshire lad

It is really good news for those modelling in 1/24th scale that there are now some decent figures available ( I know there are some others out there , but they are in the minority , the rest are shite ) . However , to me that by the time you get up to modelling in 1/24th scale you really shouldn't be using a resin casting to represent the mop . It needs to be a bit more hairy .

I know there are some here that think I have a " broom fixation" , mentioning no names , but you know who you are , but to me the mop doesn't do justice to the rest of the models .

Just my two pence worth ,

Nick

lab-dad

Boy my Drill press would look great with a 1/16 Sasha........
Wonder what that would cost?

Looking forward to her little sister in 1/35 too!

-Marty

Mr Potato Head

wouldn't she be a "Mini" her  ::)
Hell I'd like to meet 1:1 sasha!  :o :o ;D ;D
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

Just wait till the car modelers start bitching and moaning that she's not available 1/25 scale. ;D

I think all these figures so far in 1/24 should generate some good demand from the car modeler guys. (once they find out about them).

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

FichtenFoo

Quote from: marc_reusser on May 08, 2012, 11:04:29 PM
Just wait till the car modelers start bitching and moaning that she's not available 1/25 scale. ;D

I think all these figures so far in 1/24 should generate some good demand from the car modeler guys. (once they find out about them).

Sheesh.... I wouldn't worry too much about girl-height between 1/24 and 1/25 scale. The diff between 1/32 and 1/35 though was too great... she looked like an amazon!
Chicks dig giant robots.

Mr Potato Head

I once had a Amazon girlfriend!  :o :o :o
Nothing wrong there as far as I could see ;D ;D ;D
I miss here dearly :'( :'( :'(
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

FichtenFoo

I dated a 6'1" girl once... I'm 6'2" so it was odd... especially considering I usually dated the 5'3" and under set. And in a completely opposite turn from amazons, my wife is a very tiny 4'11".
Chicks dig giant robots.

Gordon Ferguson

Quote from: FichtenFoo on May 09, 2012, 12:29:41 PM
And in a completely opposite turn from amazons, my wife is a very tiny 4'11".

.......................nope, self control has just kicked in  ;D

But I am looking forward to getting these 1/24 figures
Gordon

FichtenFoo

Chicks dig giant robots.

Andi Little

Not wishing to ruffle feathers as it's quite possible I've missed something.
But, is there any news on these items [Deckhands 1/24] as it does state June as a shipping date - just wondering as I was really quite excited when I placed my order in May.

Thanks...............

KBO..................... Andi.

FichtenFoo

Hi Andi,

I'm supposed to receive the first of the casts soon. (this week?) There was some delays with that caster because a shipment of the 1/35's to me was lost in the mail which pushed everything back. Plus he's being really anal retentive about the quality after what happened with my other caster and the Sashas. I did get samples Saturday of 2 out of 3 of the 1/24 scale deckhands and they're definitely worth the wait. Was planning to post some pics yesterday but ran out of time. Sorry for the delay, but I assure you they're coming!

BTW: The samples of the 1/35 and 1/24 Barrio Guy looks awesome as well. Haven't added them to the shop yet as I've been having problems with preorders and delays.
Chicks dig giant robots.