• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's Logging Project Discussion

Started by marc_reusser, February 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacq01

See your mailbox, hope you don't have to walk to far for it  ;D ;)

keep up the good spirits
Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

k27rgs

Jaqu

contact me on my mailbox   

modvid@westnet.com.au

regards

Mario

jacq01

due to the loss of my fine motoric abilities I like to sell the lay out or donate it to a museum or club who is able to maintain the layout
    The layout will have it's last appearance 6-8 November in München.

Jacq
I am what I remember.

Bill Gill

It is sad to hear that. Best to you going forward. I realize that shipping could be a problem, but I wonder if the new model railroad exhibit in Canada might be a place for your wonderful layout? It's called "Our Home & Miniature Land" in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada  www.miniatureland.ca
It says it will be the Canadian version of Germany's "Miniature Wonderland"
OHML's director is Jean-Louis Brenninkmeijer

There obviously is/was lots of logging in Canada, so the layout would fit the theme.

michael mott

Jacq I am also sad to hear of your loss of fine motor abilities, your contributions to the world of research and modelwork will however endure so your legacy will continue. I hope that you are still able to enjoy the broader aspects of this area of our lives, at least you can still provide guidance and council to those following in your footsteps regarding the finer points of modelmaking.

Mike 

TRAINS1941

Jacq

You should talk to Dave Revelia at the The Suncoast Center for Fine Scale Modeling .

I'm sure he might be interest.  They have the Muskrat Ramble by Geoff Knott there.

And the Dolly Varden by Laurie Green  & John Hunter.

Both of display.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

finescalerr

Jacq, I, too, am very sorry to hear your news. If you do contact Dave Revelia, please mention my name and remind him your layout appeared in the Annual. -- Russ

danpickard

Jacq, it was good to see your name pop up on this forum again, but the reason for it wasn't what I was hoping to read.  Really sorry to hear of the health battle and the reality of it.

I can also suggest Dave Revelia would be a good person to contact as a potential curator of the layout.  He was exception to deal with when we moved Dolly Varden over to Florida, and I believe your layout would fit in quite well to the Suncoast display (providing there is room).

Wishing you all the best,
Dan

danpickard

Side note...
Jerry, it was myself and John Hunter that did Dolly Varden.  Laurie Green wasn't involved in this project.

Cheers,
Dan

Ray Dunakin

Sad news. I hope you'll find another way to fill your time, and wish you the best.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

TRAINS1941

Quote from: danpickard on October 08, 2015, 12:08:15 PM
Side note...
Jerry, it was myself and John Hunter that did Dolly Varden.  Laurie Green wasn't involved in this project.

Cheers,
Dan

Sorry Dan.  My mistake.  it was you of course who did the Dolly Varden.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

jacq01

Finally found the emotional balance to sell the house and move to a very nice senior appartement. The layout has been donated to friends to see or it can be modified to show it in a museum. All my tools and gear has been divided between good friends who can use them.
I still will visit friends and museums all over the world when possible as I ordered a very lightweight electric wheelchair enabling me to chase trains ( and girls )
Jacq
I am what I remember.

Ray Dunakin

Jacq, it's good to hear from you again!  Selling off the house, etc. must have been tough, but it sounds like you're in a good place.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

lab-dad

Glad you made it back!
You can always critique our stuff and keep us in line!
Did you get flames or racing stripes on the chair?
;)
Marty

Bill Gill

Jacq, It is good to hear you are doing well and have found places for you and your layout. Yes, as Marty suggests, check in and keep the forum in line :)