• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My coal mine scale 1:22.5

Started by Design-HSB, May 05, 2011, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

Is that a tour group visiting the mine in the cake box set?

Design-HSB

Lawton, Yes and I, as a mine guide, give a lecture to the visitors. In doing so, I implemented an original explanation of the mine leader in the Cake Box model, in German, English and Nederlands. With one of the original sounds of the compressed air reel from the monastery tunnel, a pit truck is also moved in the model.

Click here for the videos: Deutsch English Nederlands
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Lawton Maner

Every tour I have ever been on in the UK or Europe has ended in the gift shop and cafe so at some point you can do a whimsical visit to the shop.

Design-HSB

Well, somehow all of this has to be financed despite volunteering. Only in the "Klosterstollen" is this far from perfected.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Helmut, You are a good guide for the mine tour. It is an amazing "cake" you baked! :)

Ray Dunakin

That's really cool. I love the lighting, especially the lights worn by the figures.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

I thank you for the recognition, yes the model also reminds me of my active time as a pit guide. I also wanted to show that a diorama can also be active and can be absolutely exemplary.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Lawton Maner

i'm not criticizing, I'm just teasing you. 

All exhibits of the nature of your mine need constant funding in order to survive.  I just feel the Europeans do a much better job of painlessly separating the visitor from their money then the American operations.  Some of the best special interest books in my library have come from the shop at the end of the tour.  Never to be overlooked is the collection of post cards many have, as the best historical photographs one can find on the particular exhibit can be found on the post card rack.

Many times when I work for the weekend of the equipment of the East Broad Top my last stop is the shop at the Rockhill Trolley Museum next door to get a snack and look through the book shelf.   

Design-HSB

Quote from: Lawton Maner on December 15, 2018, 03:21:29 AM
i'm not criticizing, I'm just teasing you. 

Lawton, Constructive criticism does not annoy me, but pleases me, because that is the way to improve.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Design-HSB

Hi,

Before a while I brought away bulky waste and there I spotted a coal bowl in the scrap container.
I asked if I could have the hut and took it with me.
The coal bowles reminded me of how I had dragged the things from the basement to the 2 floor earlier.

The other day Frithjof was here to visit me and he supported me in drawing a handling of it, thank you again for it.

Based on this data, I built myself a bending pipe.

I milled the process to sample from a remnant 0.2 mm messium sheet and was able to build a first pattern.

With the help of teaching and now made of 0.1 mm of new silver sheet, small-batch production could begin.
On the apprenticeship, the sheet is bent and then pinned with a little lot.
The actually soldered is then done.
In the next step, the handle is soldered to the spill with two 0.5 mm wire pins.
Then the floor is also soldered and below a wire bent on the bending tube for the lower end. This wire also serves as a stand around the bounded edge below.
The handle is also a milling part again and is also used with two 0.5 mm wire separators, which are bent over inside and so this remains movable.

For comparison soldered soldered bending part and finished coal shards.

Here the coal sheds from below, so that the Wulst from the 0.5 mm can also be seen correctly.

Size comparison a finished coal bowl in my hand.

After that everything still clean and blackp and already the small series is ready.

So now my little Helmut can fetch coal in the mine.

Exactly, because there is even real coal in the model.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Helmut,  After many college football bowl games in the U.S.A. there will soon be the professional football "Super Bowl" but your 10 coal bowls are even more super. A very nice detail for your mine diorama!

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

finescalerr

That's an item that looks easy to build but, actually, is fairly difficult to make look good. Satisfactory. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi, Helmut I would like to share some photos of your amazing models.
A while ago I had the opportunity to visit Helmut in Germany and spent some time in his workshop there was so much but here are 3 items that I feel sum up Helmuts amazing skill. cheers Helmut. But there is so much more it is the friendly collaboration that Helmut, Frithjof and Volker have that makes all the difference they help each other in an equal and complimentary way .i personally feel that is a great privilege to know each of them.
cheers Kim