• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My coal mine scale 1:22.5

Started by Design-HSB, May 05, 2011, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Russ and Ray,

I will continue to try everything not to disappoint you here, so see how it goes on.

In the meantime, I have completed the servo drive for the mine wagon. I used a servo which makes almost 6 turns. The included pulley moves about 500 mm of rope, which is about 100mm which I need far too much. So, I made the smallest possible pulley myself. I need 2 rope drums sitting on a shaft. A rope drum wraps the rope and the other one. The servo shaft has a diameter of 6 mm which results in the core of my shaft from a 7 mm brass tube. As a drum I use 8 mm brass tube which in turn fits on the 7 mm shaft. I fixed a rope drum firmly on the 7 mm shaft and the 2 is twisted bar to be able to clamp the rope.

The individual parts for the rope drums.

The two individual rope drums.

The assembled rope drums.

The model of the compressed air reel serves as a deflecting roller. Due to the size of the Cakebox, however, I have to divert the rope at the end of the tunnel one more time. Actually, wanted to use ball bearing pulleys. Just seemed to me this too elaborate and I have just times 2 mm brass tube which I have bent with a self-made bending device appropriately. As a rope I use 0.5 mm of scale rope from a radio. After the installation I tested it with a Servotester, which was to the full satisfaction.

Here is a picture of the mounted compressed air reel with the carbon seam at the bottom left.

The compressed air reel is now mounted and above all coloured, including aging. Since the underground in the mine is made of clay at this point, the compressed air reel is additionally braced with a support against the ceiling. This prop is also part of the model and was rebuilt and aged by me from brass.
Since the miners in the monastery tunnels at this point have stumbled on the coal for the first time and that is still to be seen there today, I have also modelled this with original charcoal from the monastery tunnels.

The servo drive with the two rope drums.

View through the tunnel to the compressed air reel with the 2mm brass guide tubes.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Perfect, as always. A very unusual subject to model. You will attract a lot of interest when you display the diorama. -- Russ

Design-HSB

Thanks Russ,

first test run, for my scale 1: 22.5 built diorama, the monastery tunnel extension. Controlled with Dinamo OC32 NG.

https://youtu.be/L6lAQRcGKzI
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Looks like all is working well. Was the flashing yellow light a warning signal before the mine car was moved?

Design-HSB

Bill, this is supposed to be a neon light at the start, only the camera probably had a different white balance. The whole scene is illuminated with a whole 4 LED is supposed to come a bit of a mining mood too. Before that I had made a video with great light, only that did not work as I intended. However, there are still figures to be added as visitors who are still to receive the pit lights.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Fascinating. I've never seen such a display. I guess all that remains is to detail the scenery and put the final weathering on the ore car. Adequate so far. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Cool. The animation adds a lot to the diorama!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

As can be seen in the pictures, I have now installed and wired all the electronic components.

In addition, I have configured the OC32 as the central controller and defined all processes. As you can see on the pictures, I also installed sound modules. An MP3 sound module provides for the original sound of underground rippling all the time. I already reported at the beginning that I have a scanned figure in the clothes of a Bergman. In fact, I have always explained to visitors the guided tours of the peculiarities of this place. So it was natural to do this in the model as well. Now I'm a participant in a British Modelling Competition Cakebox Challenge. Thus, the language should also be English. Only that was not enough for me, why can I not switch the language between German and English. So I wrote down a text in German and translated it into English. Then everything digitally recorded as a WAV file and stored in 4 separate files in a WAV sound module. Once there is the explanation and then warnings that I play separately so that they can run synchronously with the reel noise. Unfortunately, my first reel shots failed me and so I would like to repeat what thanks, the proximity to the monastery gallery is not a problem.

The model can indeed be operated with batteries to comply with the rules, but also to save energy and to protect the environment, I have optionally provided a power adapter.

Now I'm waiting for more figures because I need so well visitors who follow my explanations as a miner. There comes another peculiarity, I get scanned characters from real friends. The receive, then just like the miner, a miner's lamp will burn naturally. Then comes once again, additional wiring to me.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Helmut, the electronics for your display are more complicated than my computer! -- Russ

Lawton Maner

One more resistor and you are going to have move the diorama into a box for a wedding cake.  ;D ;D ;D

Bill Gill

Helmut, Your shoebox is going to be a very active diorama! Looks good!

1-32

hi Helmut very nice,i have always liked your box of tricks,cheers kim

Design-HSB

In the meantime, the first Model figures have arrived and the people concerned are allowed to identify themselves if they like it, because I got the startingset from my wife. However, it is agreed with the persons concerned and they are informed, but all are not active here in this forum either.

I already had the figure of myself, and that's why I had already primed it as white.

In addition, I also got myself once again as a trains and that also fits much better than the first attempt.

Sample in the Cakebox model.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Which one is your wife? -- ssuR