• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 scale civilians -- figures

Started by Malachi Constant, August 30, 2010, 08:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobilgas

Dallas,     Thanks for the info ;)    I have some of the SLM 1/24 figures and i really them.
Craig

Ray Dunakin

Wow, great work, especially painting the details of that print fabric!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Malachi Constant

Thanks guys -- the floral print turned out to be relatively easy.  Just went at it like Monet's garden ... lotsa dots!   :)

Tried a variety of brushes and a variety of paint color sequences and practiced on some colored paper (shown above) that was similar to the dress color.  A very ragged out old #0 shader ended up making nice shapes ... touch to the paint, tap a few times on paper, then on to the dress.  Did light yellowish-green first, followed by deeper green, pink and white.  And, just like the Monet, if you look TOO close it's just a bunch of crazy little dots ... but looking at the whole, it gives the impression of a detailed floral print.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com