• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fordson tugger hoist

Started by Chuck Doan, January 10, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

Quote from: shropshire lad on April 10, 2019, 12:18:31 AM
Quote from: Lawton Maner on April 07, 2019, 04:02:55 PM
Now that Nick has thrown down the gauntlet, its time for him to show all of us how it is done.  I personally want to see 1/32 scale working spark-plugs from him.

Yes , well , er, I'm a bit busy at the moment getting ready for a trip Down Under but I'll get straight onto it when I get back . Promise .

Down Under what???

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on April 11, 2019, 01:11:27 PM
Now that Nick has thrown down the gauntlet, its time for him to show all of us how it is done.  I personally want to see 1/32 scale working spark-plugs from him.

Yes , well , er, I'm a bit busy at the moment getting ready for a trip Down Under but I'll get straight onto it when I get back . Promise .

Down Under what???

Down under to Oz . To see the wizard .

Jerry

TRAINS1941

Quote from: shropshire lad on April 11, 2019, 11:59:43 PM

Down Under what???

Jerry

Hell you could have come here to see (Chuck) the real Mr. Wizard!!  Oh and stopped off in Jersey!!

Jerry
George Carlin

Franck Tavernier

Great job and paint effets Chuck, as always!

Franck

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on April 12, 2019, 09:46:39 AM
Quote from: shropshire lad on April 11, 2019, 11:59:43 PM

Down Under what???

Jerry

Hell you could have come here to see (Chuck) the real Mr. Wizard!!  Oh and stopped off in Jersey!!

Jerry

Hell no , not whilst you have got the monkey in charge of your country . I might not be let out again and then you'll be stuck with me !

Chuck Doan

Thanks very much! Nick, have a good trip!

Barney, here is the pencil process:
I smear wet Prismacolor pencils on squares of 320 grit sandpaper and let them dry. I pick up this "paint" with barely dampened cosmetic sponges and dab them on the base color. The first ap is a fade coat that is then sealed with Dullcoat. Then an ap of mixed grey mottling and seal again. The pencil coats are pretty transparent and work well over the textured surfaces (done with JB Weld). I also use my mini sandblaster with baking soda on LOW pressure to dull the often not-so dull Dullcote seal coats.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Chuck Doan

Continuing the oil and grease, using oil paints, fine dirt and pigments. 

I mix the dirt with the brown and black oil paints and apply with a brush in a thin coat. Then I use a cosmetic sponge to tamp in some pigments. This is a back and forth process until I am happy with the look.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

TRAINS1941

Hard to believe were talking about a model here!

Jerry
George Carlin

Barney

Thanks Chuck for the info'
Barney

Ray Dunakin

Awesome! You've truly mastered the oily-grimy look.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

Thanks guys!

Starting to work around the other side. I have been copying actual Fordson tractors, though I admit I am using some of the more extreme examples.

Chuck Doan

I managed to add a few more details this last weekend.

shropshire lad

Now could you post a picture of your model and not the actual Fordson you copied ?!

TRAINS1941

I thought that was the actual!!

Jerry
George Carlin

finescalerr

That's the best you could do? -- ssuR