• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/16 CAT-style forklift truck on rails

Started by mad gerald, February 02, 2013, 01:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad gerald

... ouch ...

Quote from: marc_reusser on June 05, 2013, 03:20:29 PM
Nice clean build. And not to be an ass...and I only meantion this, because it is so unlike you to miss this....and it will likely be un-noticed when painted and finished, (as the black/white contrast shows it up)...but the two center rivets in the cab do not seem to align.
... touché ... you're bl**dy well right ...  :P ... I did not expect it to appear standing out that way on a pic ... umm, well - seems I would have to make my excuse phenomenally good ...  8) ... or try to explain, that this is constistant with the prototype ...  ::) ... as the panel itself is finally fixed with aceton to the firewall and the brass screws are secured with "loc tite" ...  ;D ... have to think about how to fix it ...

Cheers  

marc_reusser

Sorry....had to prove I am worthy of my rivet counting shirt ;)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

The shirt does not apply. Your comment has nothing to do with counting; it has to do with placement. -- Russ

mad gerald

Quote from: finescalerr on June 06, 2013, 01:03:57 AM
The shirt does not apply. Your comment has nothing to do with counting; it has to do with placement. -- Russ
... oh come on Russ, don't start splitting hairs ...  ;) ... we could i. e. discount this misplacement ...  ;D

Quote from: marc_reusser on June 06, 2013, 01:02:00 AM
Sorry....had to prove I am worthy of my rivet counting shirt ;)
... where'd you get those shirts? I only got a badge ...  :(

EDIT: Just found it ...  ;D ;D ;D
Quote from: marc_reusser on May 31, 2013, 02:37:45 PM
Yes, it is real. It is available online here:

http://www.spreadshirt.com/keep-calm-and-count-rivets-t-shirt-C3376A12306829

Material/fabric is not the thickest (like a Hanes Beefy-T).....but it will do.

mad gerald

G'evening all,

May be somebody already started wondering what happened to the CAT-style forklift truck on rails ... (regarding over 2,800 views) ... umm, well, it spent some time as a shelf orphan as I was not able to continue work. In the meantime I modified the layout of my blog.

Recently I started to create a mock up of an rail tractor even smaller than the CAT rail tractor, heavily inspired by an ASEA storage battery locomotive (Lok 23) of the Frövi Maskin & Bruksbanemuseum (thanks to my modelling mate Henrik Laurell). But soon I discovered that it's appearance was rather bulky pretty ugly, so I did not finish it. But IMHO the chassis seemed to be a good start for a matching modern Feldbahn wagon, so I made another attempt building a (mock up of an) bulk head wagon, a flatcar can be easily adapted and is already in progress. Building report regarding the wagons will follow up soon as well as a progress on the CAT rail tractor.

You may ask yourself, why I chose this pug-ugly colour like dwarf skin? Well, it's kinda paying homage to the Struppe Akkulok (hospital supply railway in Lainz/Vienna) ... AND ... Marc did a good SBS regarding the weathering on the buoy he build for the "Watery grave" page 7 which hopefully would enable me to reproduce the look ...  8)

Cheers

finescalerr

Better get a pump. In the first photo it looks like the loco has a flat tire. -- Russ

mad gerald

Quote from: finescalerr on November 03, 2013, 12:57:37 AM
Better get a pump. In the first photo it looks like the loco has a flat tire. -- Russ
... come on, Russ (the eagle-eyed) ...  ;) ... honestly - what can one expect from a crappy mock up from cardboard and paper ...  ;D ;D ;D

finescalerr

What are you, a wise guy or something? -- ssuR

mad gerald

Quote from: finescalerr on November 03, 2013, 12:35:15 PM
What are you, a wise guy or something? -- ssuR
... stark, raving mad ... ... BTW: Have I noticed  a tiny, almost inaudible charming sarcastic undertone "between your lines" ... ?  ??? ::) ;D

Cheers

mad gerald

I just wanted to leave a short note, that this project is still alive (or has been resurrected respectively), but I won't continue contributing to this thread here ... in case of interest please feel free to read more following this forum's thread about the Backyard Hospital Supply Railway (inspired by Lainz) http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=2260.msg50312#new or visiting my modelling blog ...

Cheers