• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's Logging Project Discussion

Started by marc_reusser, February 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

OK so maybe it's the beer but... the responses here made me think that a neat model would be to make a modern day warship but create it with all the filigree and jim-crackery that these old wooden ships had. Lots of etched brass maybe with designs in it, pewter or resin carved figures, etc.

They certainly went all out back in the day. Thanks for showing this Jacq.

John
John Palecki

Frederic Testard

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on September 24, 2010, 06:28:20 PM
Amazing. Proof that government incompetency has been around a long time.  ;)
Well, Ray, to be fair, it seems to have been a desire of the king.
After the disaster, there was a trial where the responsibility of the man who had designed the ship was scrutinized, and to be fair again, the judges acknowledged that the constraints of the project (that have evolved during the construction) and the knowledge of the time made it difficult to prevent the disaster. In many other occurrences, you would have seen the builder condemned for faults due to the others, but not there.
Frederic Testard

eTraxx

That was in large part due, I imagine, to the King Gustavus Adolphus and his innate decency. I also found the Vasa museum page. Pretty interesting. ... http://vasamuseet.se/en/The-Ship/
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Frederic Testard

I had forgotten the name of the king, but I think you're right, Ed.
Frederic Testard

jacq01

Not much of interest, doing the wiring under the layout, together with all those necessary ( boring) items for an exhibition layout.
   valances with light, skirts, painting, presentation material to explain exhibit, etc,etc.

I picked up a large amount of trees.  "Grove den" was so kind to make the trees so I could concentrate on all other items.
   When wiring is in place and point servo's working, I will finalise landscaping and detailing the mill.
    Photo's will follow  :D :D 

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Alan Rees

Jacq, When does the driver training commence.... I mean how do you drive a shay ?

jacq01

Alan,

you are scheduled for Friday 19 Nov. after 18.00h.  ;)  Saturday and Sunday the public will judge your driving ability. ;D ;D
  Normally you take ( on this logging line ) the Lenz LH90 or one of the remote controlers, select the required loco number, check the right direction and slowly turn open the throttle. As shay's, climaxes and other geared locomitives  are slow speed machines, you should have no problems,  nor my bloodpressure.

Jacq

I am what I remember.

jacq01

the interior of the mill   exercise in lighting color and intensity.

the boiler house.  Ash, sawdust, dirt etc still to be added. 

Jacq
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

Nice. Both modeling and photography. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Jacq

Very nice great photo and the modeling is right on but you knew that already.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

jacq01

On the fly...... working on elecronics.  Servodecoders difficult to program despite NMRA compatibility.  Uhlenbrock servodecoders and Lenz control system.  I will program the servo settings with a friend's Uhlenbrocks central unit. Control can be done with the Lenz controlers. Not the type of work I prefer, but necessary.  >:( >:(

The boiler- and machine house will be finished this week.  Workshop and forrest on the far side next week. Leaves me 2 weeks to finish and weather rolling stock. Water and logs in logpond will be done last....experience shows that there is no discipline, flat area is too easily used as tool tray...

overall view without drapes.

mill module.  Background to be redone.

logdump.  Extra trees in place.  Logdump is remotely operating ( when servo is working as I want it  ::) )

shay and third truck tender of the climax needed additional weight to operate reliable. 

Far end of the layout.  workshop will finally gets the roof finished. 

Jacq
I am what I remember.

Alan Rees

Truly amazing, Jacq, I am very much looking forward to seeing this masterpiece.

Appropos operation: I notice there are 2 shays. I was wondering what kind of dispatching/signalling did they use on these logging systems ?

Ray Dunakin

Looking good. Seems like a lot of progress has been achieved lately!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Malachi Constant

Jacq --

I feel like I've been given a special visit "behind the scenes" at the museum as the newest exhibit is prepared for public release.  There is so much to see and study within each of the many smaller scenes within the large exhibit.  Shaping up so very, very nicely!  Thanks for your on-going efforts to share and document your process and progress.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

Jacq,

Wonderful to see the modules all set together. Amazing to think of where this started and where you are now.  I wish you all the best at the show.  Remember to take pics!

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works