• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Old Gas Pump Drawings or Measurements

Started by DaKra, April 11, 2010, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaKra

Hi, can anyone help me out with a scale drawing of a gas pump, circa 1940s 50s?  Or some general measurements?   Something like this one:

http://www.shedrives.com/images/GasPump.jpg

Thanks!
Dave

mobilgas

Dave,  My book i have does not give measurements its just a Illustrated Guide and price and Identification Guide.   The one in your picture is a Gilbarco G & B 98  Year 1938 computing pump with sight glass in face.    Craig

Frederic Testard

Now, if someone could give a hint about the size of the pumpkins, it would be easy to derive that of the pump...

(OK, I know the way to the always crowded corner...).
Frederic Testard

Belg

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

DaKra

mobilgas

Pat........I been to the gameroom site before, and never paid attention that they gave measurements on the Pumps. ::) blind in one eye and cant see out of the other                                                              seems like more people are getting interested in these old pieces of iron. Hope to see someone modeling a few.     Craig

Belg

DaKra

Here's a test shot of my HO pump concept, the globe and sign board light up.    Yeah needs a logo, have to figure that out.  Probably will need to source a decal.   Any ideas?

Dave 

finescalerr

Yeah. My idea is for you to offer the pumps, along with your other stuff, in multiple scales. Why let the HO guys have all the fun?

Aside from the dry humor, there may be a business advantage: Western Scale Models recently dumped all but the 1:20.3 (and maybe 1:48) items in their line because the profit margin was so much better with the big stuff. Something to think about.

Russ

DaKra

OK I found the decal sheets, MicroScale makes them.   

@Russ -- like Dirty Harry said,  a man's gotta know his limitations!

Dave

mabloodhound

Here's one for free

Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

DaKra

Quick test with home brew decal.   This is just a prototype, so its a little rough.     

Frederic Testard

I like it. And I don't see what limitations could prevent you to make such a model in bigger scales.
Frederic Testard

Ray Dunakin

Very nice, especially considering the small scale!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World