Westlake Publishing Forums
November 28, 2021, 05:35:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: What I spent My Allowance On (New Stuff For The Bench)  (Read 135912 times)
greenie

« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2014, 03:24:33 PM »

I never got around to painting it, it's another failed project languishing in a deep dark box.

regards  greenie
marc_reusser
Curmudgeon
Administrator

« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2014, 04:41:31 PM »

Nice engine. You definitely should resurrect it......but then who am I to throw stones. Smiley

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works
Bexley

« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2014, 07:11:55 PM »

In a rather surprising move, due to some company restructuring and a merger, I received a substantial bonus on top of my normal sales-goals-based annual bonus. As in, around 22% of my annual salary. (In fact, so surprising, I was a more than a little thrown by it, and suspect my boss may have felt I was a bit under appreciative when in fact I was more in shock.)

I'm going to sit on it until my taxes are done, so I know exactly how much of it I get to keep. At which point, I'm getting me a 3D printer. Most likely the newer HD version of the B9 Creator. Even with my windfall, it's a lot of cash (about $4000) to spend at once on something for modelling, but I suspect I can make a good chunk of that back by printing for hire.

CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack
finescalerr
Administrator

« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2014, 02:01:47 AM »

I have an idea about where some of your clients may come from. -- Russ
Bexley

« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2014, 01:24:16 PM »

If you ever let them out of the corner.

CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack
Lawton Maner

« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2015, 06:02:17 PM »

I stumbled onto a used machinery dealer in Richmond, Va last month (or as many on this forum would say a second hand toy store) and came home last weekend with a 4 horsepower woodworking shaper.  May not be doing much modeling this summer as I will be working in 1:1  scale to finish a couple of projects around the house and make a piece of cherry furniture.
lab-dad

« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2015, 05:51:09 AM »

COOL!
Wish I had someplace like that near me..........um, may be not?...... Wink
Marty

Lawton Maner

« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2015, 01:59:56 PM »

Marty:

Come on over.  We can run up  to Richmond and you can help me move a Myford Lathe into my basement.  Then I'll really be set.
Lawton Maner

« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2016, 10:19:22 AM »

Santa dropped off one of the Chinese Mini Lathes which many have called "an assembled kit".  I'll try it as is and then see if it needs anything other then a tune up.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to: