Westlake Publishing Forums
November 28, 2021, 04:48:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Flux Mill & Machining (1:87)  (Read 684 times)
Craig

« on: October 05, 2021, 03:07:58 PM »

Hey everyone.

My first post here. Very excited to join the community.

Whilst this isn't fresh off the bench, it remains my last completed project from a few weeks ago, so I feel as though it's the right one to share!

It's called "The Flux Mill & Machining". An odd, wedge-shaped building circa 1940. Completely original in design and, most notably, a hair from prototypical! Per thread title, this is HO scale.

The whole building was designed in Fusion360 and cut using a laser - my first project using one. Details like the mattress, old armchair, fridge and stairs were 3D printed using a resin printer.

Other details like the smokestack and junk piles were gathered from various sources.

The combination of techniques is what makes these builds so interesting to me. Laser cutting, 3D printing, resin/plaster casting...

I'll be posting build threads for new projects now I've landed here, but for now here's the finished build for the Flux Mill:

« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 05:43:50 PM by Craig » Logged
Ray Dunakin

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 11:54:56 PM »

I love it!! Great looking building with lots of character, and good attention to detail!

Welcome aboard!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakinís World
Les Tindall

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 02:28:07 AM »

Lovely detail. A resin printed mattress - that must be a first on this forum!
Les
Bernhard

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 03:28:09 AM »

Welcome aboard, Craig! Beautiful scene with really many pretty details.

Bernhard
WP Rayner

Feral Curmudgeon

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 05:41:20 AM »

Welcome to the Forum Craig. Very nice work, you'll fit right in here.

Paul

We've got a full tank of gas, half-a-pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Bill Gill

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 05:45:21 AM »

It even has th kitchen sink! Well, maybe not the kitchen sink, but a sink. Nice work amd details.
Craig

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 10:37:55 AM »

Thanks, everyone! Thrilled to be here.

I mentioned it to Russ, but I'm using HO to be more whimsical in my builds, whereas I'm using O Scale for more prototypical work.

I've got a few projects coming up that I look forward to sharing!
Barney

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 08:06:45 AM »

Why did I miss this one - Nice detail in a small scale and it has the atmosphere of bygone industry
And welcome to yet another follower of Rust & grot
Barney
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: