• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Me and my monster or a farm in the corner of the model railroad

Started by Bea, February 07, 2021, 10:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bea

outsourced teddy bear artist making hubbie´s rr greener

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bea

Pine cones! *eyesroll* of course.

Here is the vice pine. Or better: my second: I like it. Used 0,5mm fibres for finish this time

Bea

Bea

Sorry peeps, I have been a bit off. Last years ´April I fell on my shoulder and for the first time in my life I broke a bone. End of February I suddenly got the opportunity to get the metal out of that arm, as it reduced my motion. Now it is off, I may work on getting it better. So my landscape had to wait a bit. Still: here is Morla. the tortoise from "the never ending story" by Michael Ende (forget the movie, read the book). It has been a lot of fun and practice. Hope you like it.

https://www.facebook.com/chari.tas.355/posts/2969870776592781

May you please tell me if this works?

Thanks, lovely weekend for all of you and stay safe

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

Bea

Bea

Ok, so next theme. I wanted to do a brook, or creek as you may call it. Something with a broken off bit, showing the roots and the soil that´s left behind when water finds it´s way. Plus a now calm mountain creek and a grass area in front.

That is what we have so far.

What do you think? More dead leaves? I want to do some ripples on the steps, and here we have long grass patches floating with the water.I do not have an idea how to manage that now. May occur at another part of the creek though maybe.

Barney

Very realistic - very vegetation in miniature - just keep it coming and inspire us all
Barney 
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Bea

Bill Gill

Hello Bea, I am very late joining in on welcoming you to the forum. Glad you are here.
Are the farm and Morla your first attempts at modeling scenery?! The results are very good!
Glad you are enjoying it all.

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

Bea

doing research for the next segment, a cave. Found out by chance that air drying clay, being just broken, creates a great structure for rocks.

Tried some colors, looks quite good.

finescalerr

Thanks for that tip. The result does look very good. -- Russ