• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

It really does look like a fun project, and makes me want to do some kind of small loco or railtruck.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Morning all trusting you are in the best of health.
Moving along but all I can say is.
Who let the birds out?

Design-HSB

Kim, is there perhaps bird food on the loading area?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

Hi Helmut.
Yes the birds are plotting something like how are we going to get into that sack.

finescalerr

And Alfred Hitchcock is the engineer .... -- Russ

1-32

Hi all.
moving along trusting you are all in the best of health.
Sandy Hollow is attracting a strange mix of characters but they all seem to like the place.
cheers

Ray Dunakin

Awesome! I really like that figure on the motorbike.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi Ray.
yes, they are very good they are from the workshop of Volker Bauer fine German craftsmanship. I like his style free and easy they fit right into my world.
The line of figures and pigeons are Mini Art birds, Preiser girl in red top and the two gentlemen are from Mr. Bauer.
cheers

finescalerr

This diorama really has character and charisma. It is three dimensional art. -- Russ

Bill Gill

A terrific diorama, Kim!
Just for fun here's a smidgeon of motion blur on the motorbike and biker since he seems in bit of a rush :)

1-32

good one Bill.
the old boy on the bike is certainly on a mission much to the amusement of the audience.

1-32

just another note.
My background clouds are heading towards the photo collaged approach I would love to get into layering images onto my models but the easiest software is Abode photoshop but expensive for a learner like me. With my rail pick up looking at one of the pictures it is too high my decision to make the vehicle higher by 3 mm has issues, one of the problems for freelance designing.
cheers

finescalerr

Kim, I know I've mentioned it a few times here but you can pick up Affinity Photo for either $25 or $50 depending on whether they are running a special and own it forever. They are very good about making improvements and don't charge for them. I now use Affinity instead of Photoshop and, for everything I've tried, it is just as good. If you decide to get it, I'll send you my shortcuts and help you get started. -- Russ

1-32

Thanks, Russ.
It will check it out it sounds great will buy it straight out if I like it, Abode thinks they have a monopoly and want a monthly rental.
cheers

fspg2

Hi Kim,
You can test Affinity Photo (and also Designer or Publisher) 90 days for free!
You'll get a licence code for each program:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/supporting-the-creative-community/

The program has almost the same user interface and keyboard shortcuts such as Photoshop - on YouTube there are plenty of tutorials:

https://www.google.de/search?q=affinity+photo+tutorial+english&safe=active&hl=de&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjy5fuzuNfwAhWx5eAKHdSMCmwQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1261&bih=791&dpr=2

I am excited about these programs !!

Frithjof