• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Goos afternoon.
A friend made an observation as to why I model lots of swamps and marshes maybe it has something to do with my surname Marsh funny.
Here is the beginning of the stepdown from the old concrete to the mud a bit greener than the rest of the world but doing very well from the runoff, just filling in the gaps.
Here I have used a mix of commercial products and natural ones,
To finish there will be more steps of finish like dust.
cheers.

shitao

I like the use of different materials! As in nature there is not just one kind of weed growing everywhrere.
Greetings from Switzerland

Thomas

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on February 19, 2021, 11:58:46 AM
Jerry, go stand in the corner. -- ssuR

He's not coming into my corner 'cos he talks funny .

TRAINS1941

Quote from: shropshire lad on February 20, 2021, 12:58:34 AM
Quote from: finescalerr on February 19, 2021, 11:58:46 AM
Jerry, go stand in the corner. -- ssuR

He's not coming into my corner 'cos he talks funny .

Don't you worry I have my own corner!!!  :)

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

WP Rayner

Very effective use of a variety of materials in the ground cover Kim and I particularly like your worn concrete... well done!
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

finescalerr

Paul knows whereof he speaks. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Kim,

that looks great. Not only the different textures but also the coloring, for example this blueish/greyish spot. I'm looking forward for the next step!

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

Thanks, everybody your comments.
Volker the concrete is great fun it used to be hard but taking tips I now spread a thin coat of ordinary plaster over cardboard. After it dries just crack it I also put my thumb through it no worries if it is still wet just wait till it dries then glue the sheet down with weights,
Moving along the slopes of the lagoon has just been through a big flood just look at all that damage but no money for repairs.

TRAINS1941

Kim that is some really nice work along the lagoon!

Jerry
George Carlin

finescalerr

With such a short pier, how would the crew load or unload freight into or out of a boat?

The modeling and scenery are up to your usual high standards.

Russ

Design-HSB

Quote from: finescalerr on February 21, 2021, 01:43:10 PM
With such a short pier, how would the crew load or unload freight into or out of a boat?

The modeling and scenery are up to your usual high standards.

Russ I could well imagine that this can be done by hand.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bernhard

Nice work, Kim. I love the washed up flotsam.

Bernhard

TRAINS1941

Russ

They would hire someone with long arms!!  ;D

Jerry
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on February 22, 2021, 08:47:16 AM

Russ

They would hire someone with long arms!!  ;D

Jerry

Pipe down , you in the other corner !

1-32

Morning all.
Here is a picture that tells a story to notice the barge has its own gantry basically the landing stage is optional as the loading could be made directly from the shore.
cheers.