• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Very nice Atmosphere again
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi all as always wishing you all the best.
Bit of a change with technology and loading pictures I hope it is all OK?
Any way moving on with a big section when finished my idear is to use it for a photo prop.
It is about 1.8 by .35 long and wide -6 foot by 1 foot inches.
Hilly area, coast,tracks and a extreme narrow gauge tramway like the stuff that I have been building .Room for my boats etc.   
Big job yes but a good build I will be away for a while soon so it will be waiting for me.
Cheers20230226183050.JPG20230226183046.JPG 

1-32

Good thing I checked I am using a wireless connection to a tablet still getting used to it especially finding the resize option.

1-32

I have had the boat for a while but was not happy with it I loo,Ed and looked then pulled it apart .The result is much better with me it seems that the best approach is to just go for it.

finescalerr

I look forward to progress photos after you resume work on that section. The boat has character. -- Russ

Barney

Nice to see the old boat back in action all looks good
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

I love that boat, and also the dragline bucket!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Nice work. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished diorama.

Bernhard

fspg2

Kim,
I can only agree with the previous speakers.
Frithjof

1-32

Morning all.
Thank you very much for your interest.
Here is 1 to 5 scale model for my current project,I find these little mock up really helpful they are a guides only.
Card and air cured modelling plaster fast .
Now I know that I can proceed.
Cheers20230228063901.JPG

1-32

And finally to bring it all up to date,here is the tramway road bed.
Again all modules that can be moved from one model to another ideally you just place it into the base board.
The base boards are in multiple sections ,bottom one continual piece then all the different units are arranged onto this solid base.
CheersIMG_20230228_084613.jpg

finescalerr

I find the layered base board very inspirational. -- Russ

Carlo

Kim'
How long is the whole thing?
Also, I don't quite understand the entire concept...
"The base boards are in multiple sections ,bottom one continual piece then all the different units are arranged onto this solid base." Is the long shot the base boards? What parts are movable/interchangeable?
Please help me understand, so I can steal the idea!
Carlo

1-32

Afternoon all.
I will try and clarify my latest project with this series of photos.
First the base board or shelf 1.130 by 350 mm wide or 45 inches by 14 inches ,this is what supports all the different models ,dioramas call them what you like.20230301060958.JPG

1-32

Now the first unit is added a old model it is really what started this rat hole of bits.It can be also removed as a separate unit nothing is fixed to the base board.
20230301061007.JPG