• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

scratchbuilt motorcycle with 3D pen

Started by Bill Gill, March 15, 2020, 11:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

This is another video (34 minutes) showing a 3D pen being used to build a model, this time a motorcycle.
Ideas here for custom fabricating parts for almost anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29dsCVFI0HM

Hauk

Quote from: Bill Gill on March 15, 2020, 11:41:41 AM
This is another video (34 minutes) showing a 3D pen being used to build a model, this time a motorcycle.
Ideas here for custom fabricating parts for almost anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29dsCVFI0HM

That man is a magician.
Thanks for sharing!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

That was freaking amazing, and fascinating to watch!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

What I couldn't figure out was how did he determine the size and shape of some of the parts.
I think I saw a faint template/outline on his mat when he made the outline of the fuel tank,
and for a number of parts he measured, but again, with the fuel tank, after he made two "sides"
he seemed to join them together "freehand" without any apparent measuring or guides.
That could just be the way the video was edited, but either way, he sure did amazing work with resin.