• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

HO scale 1950s Finnuken's Pharmacy

Started by Bill Gill, March 05, 2019, 08:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

I combined a thread about making a real gold leaf sign for the pharmacy (original thread is still here: http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=3139.0) along with an older thread that showed some of the interior details for the pharmacy. And today I added two new interior views of work in progress to the thread as well.

I've been working on this model for quite awhile and still am less than halfway done, but here are a couple shots of some of the interior pieces posed against a scrap piece of matte board that is about the same color that the wall will be. Everything is scratchbuilt. In the first photo the posters above the cabinets are GIMPed in, but will be added when the interior is installed. The magazine rack on the far left is just posed in the photo. It will be on the opposite wall of the pharmacy, next to a soda fountain. You can click on the photos to enlarge them.

Hydrostat

Bill, how did you do the bottles or shiny brass items left hand?

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Bill Gill

Volker, those are tiny gold colored metal "crimp beads" for spacing bigger beads apart on bracelets, necklaces, etc. I got them at a craft store. Because they are tiny hollow tubes, I glued styrene rod inside them to look something like a "cap" and to give a little more surface area for gluing the beads to the shelf.

finescalerr

Bill Gill

Thank you , Russ. It's no Anders HO diorama (or others' level), but it's OK.

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Bill Gill

Design-HSB

HI Bill, very nice work and that in HO my appreciation.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Bill Gill

Here is the other side of the interior, not quite completely done in this old, but still most current photo.
Like Barney, the main pieces for the counter and cabinets behind the counter are Legos. The red seat covers are the "buttons" cut from a Lego block. (click photo to enlarge).

Lawton Maner

I'll take a Cherry Coke float please.

Bill Gill

Lawton, Sorry, Cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger, chips, Pepsi, no Coke :) Well, actually no grill, so no cheeseburger either - yeah, what the heck, one cherry coke comin' up :)

Hydrostat

Quote from: Bill Gill on March 05, 2019, 01:33:12 PM
Thank you , Russ. It's no Anders HO diorama (or others' level), but it's OK.

I like your understatement.
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Lawton Maner

Bill: 
     You get 2 bonus points for using Legos in your build.  If you had used the full bricks you could have earned more points.

Bill Gill

Volker, Here's the package for those gold colored beads you asked about.
I got them at an A.C. Moore craft store, but have seen the same in other places.
The item number is JFCT1G-0.75G/MZ