• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Ga Long Bien Vietnamese Diorama

Started by shitao, January 27, 2019, 01:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shitao

Hello everybody

A quick intriduction to myself: My name is Thomas and I am living in Switzerland. I already know some of the guys here in this forum.
I am very happy to post from now on some of my things here.  I hope you will enjoy my way of modelling.
And please forgive my poor english skills...

I am currently working on a small diorama with an asian background.
Here the overall view:

There will be a small train passing through the secenes. In the future I hope to add more modules. But first I have to finish this...

The last thing I did is adding a small bridge on the right side of the diorama.
This helps me to hide the opening for the train to leave the diorama.

I had to build a form. To give additional strength an stability I also added some brass profiles which I soldered together. Much like in the real world.
Hey: I am an architect..so this had to be.. ;)

After pouring the plaster and dismantling one can see that the bridge has quite a beautiful texture:

For the street I used cork as the base layer:

To fill the cracks I poured very fine sand into the cracks:

Now I am on the way to ad the railing:

Greetings from Switzerland

Thomas

Design-HSB

Hello Thomas,

welcome from me and beautiful that you found the way here.

Yes I already know your diorama and what you have in the works is already worth seeing.

Check here for sure you get really good suggestions and certainly answer questions.
There is something very special here in this Community, namely constructive criticism, or even good suggestions for improvement.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Hello Thomas, Welcome to the Forum. Like Helmut said, it is a special community that offers help, advice and honest criticism along with compliments.

Lawton Maner

The decaying concrete has a nice texture.  A bit of rust till accent the rebar and add to the decay.  I also love the use of cork for the road surface as its texture makes for a great start to a road.  Keep the updates and ideas coming.  Welcome aboard.

finescalerr

A lot of unique ideas. Satisfactory. -- Russ

shitao

Thomas

Ray Dunakin

Welcome aboard, Thomas! That's a fine looking diorama.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Welcome - thats great stuff you are doing it inspires and has life
Barney

shitao

Hello everybody

I am slowly moving forward.
Here the progress.

View over the whole scene with truck:

The truck will be further loaded with more stuff.
I found a really good source of inspirations here:

https://www.boredpanda.com/the-most-overloaded-vehicles-of-all-times/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

And a closer shot of the detailing:

Altogether I am quite satisfied.

Of course I am now curious to read your comments and suggestions!

Thomas

finescalerr

I think we'll need to see several more photos before we can offer meaningful comments or suggestions. And it would help to know whether you want help with some aspect of your modeling. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Nice. I especially like the railings on the bridge.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

shitao

Good evening

Not much time to really build something new...
Small progress here and there

The first tourists did arrive:

First try to get the lorry at the right position and to see how it could look overloaded:

The right side of the diorama:

And the view of one of the boats:

Thomas

finescalerr

The more you show us, the better I like it. -- Russ

Lawton Maner

Coming along nicely.

Dressing the guy in the red hat in Olive Drab utilities will give many of the older members of this forum flashbacks.  ;D ;D

I wish I could find my picture of a scooter going to market with chickens, ducks, sugar cane, other merchandise, Mama San, the kids, and a water buffalo on board.  It was a vehicle very much like John Deere's Gator.

The German building on the flat bed doesn't count because it is a commercial move.  The rest would get you arrested in most western countries.

shitao

Thank you!
Would be great to have this picture of the scooter!

To get some animation on my diorama I decided to motorize two small scenes.

A man sitting in his chair:

And the video to proove..

http://bahnmodellbau.ch/forumbilder/finescalerr/asienanlage/016_schaukelstuhl.mov

And a boy pumping water:

A video, too...:

http://bahnmodellbau.ch/forumbilder/finescalerr/asienanlage/014_pumpe.mov

Thomas