• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fixing the Leopold (diorama)

Started by Xavier Alvarez, April 11, 2014, 05:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier Alvarez

Hello.
A long time ago, I was visit an old Krupp Factory in Germany, and then I was thinking to do something about it.
The result is this diorama, still in progress, about a site with a Leopold railway gun in reparation.
These first pictures are made with my phone, so the quality is very poor.
Anyway.... some pics from my diorama about the repair shop of the German rail gun Leopold in 1:32 scale.
Work at 40%.

All locations of most of the accessories is provisional. When the diorama
is more advanced, I'll go putting everything in place.

Here, some pics from tools construction.

Detail of the barrel once painted, but before applying the paint worn detail.

After applying the metal effect.

Well, that's all for today, hope you like it.
regards,

Xavier

finescalerr

1:32 scale? A couple of photos look like 1:1. Quite satisfactory. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Welcome aboard!

Interesting topic for a diorama, and looks pretty good so far. It should be really cool when it's finished.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Lawton Maner

The Leopold Gun (AKA Anzio Annie) in the hands of the US Army used to be in Aberdeen Proving Grounds has been moved to Ft. Lee, Va and one day might be put back together.  About half of the vehicle collection has also been moved, and most of it is outdoors under tarps waiting until they have the money to build a building to house them.

Xavier Alvarez

Thank you very much or yours kind comments.

Lawton you have reason.... these are a copule of pics about your post.

This railway artillery piece is on display at the Aberdeen Proving Ground in Aberdeen, Maryland. Picture and caption is taken from the Aberdeen Proving Ground brochure.

FORT LEE, Va. - Using two heavy-lift cranes to mount the barrel of Anzio Annie, one of two remaining World War II German Krupp K5 heavy railway guns, workers carefully maneuver it into position over the chaises. The guns, originally named Leopold and Robert by the Germans, were discovered on a railroad siding in the town of Civitavecchia, Italy in 1944, shortly after the allies occupied Rome. They had been partially destroyed by the gun crews before they surrendered. Both guns were shipped to Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md., where they underwent tests. Anzio Annie was on display at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md. and was moved to Fort Lee as part of the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure legislation.
Photo Credit: Mr. Keith Desbois (TRADOC)

Regards,

Xavier

Xavier Alvarez

Hello !

This is the update of my project.

Columns with Lighting

Enlarged detail fouled soilo

Placing the pulleys in place.

Installing the drive wheels.

Although the picture was not well appreciated (I don't know why...yet) in the ground there metal shavings and dirt.

The red switch, I saw him in an abandoned Krupp factory in Germany. I tried to figure out what it was for, but I could not figure out .... But I liked the detail and I put it here. I guess it was some kind of emergency stop or something like this. I have put this as i saw it. (The height is more or less red button up to my elbow. Not had a meter for measuring)

Some pieces worked on the lathe.

A tank of something...

Band saw

For now this is all that I have already fixed and on its final site.
Now I show you the various tests that I have been done with different parts of the diorama. So, you could see  how I want to do.

The closure wall to the left of the diorama.

Columns and beams of the first floor.

View of the upper walkway.

another view of the upper walkway.

Detail in macro.

Area raparacion for "small" guns like this 88mm

View from another angle.

Another Detail

Well, for now that's all for today. Hope you like,
regards,

Xavier

mad gerald

Xavier,

stunning work AND pics!!!  :o

Only a few little details i. e. like the red gas bottle/container (for welding?) IMHO kinda disturb the illusion of reality ...

Cheers

finescalerr

Overall, a very convincingly executed model. Adequate. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Very nice! Some of those shots looked like prototype photos.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

lab-dad

I love "shops" of all kinds!
Really enjoying yours!
-Marty

Xavier Alvarez

Hello,
thank you very much for your kind comments.
You have reason, I must to do something with this red tank. !

Regards,

Xavier