• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

ace radium 1-32n 20

Started by 1-32, September 03, 2013, 01:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Hi Kim,
nice that there is to see progress with you.
I'm curious how it goes.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

hi all
helmut how goes your outdoor furniture will the table be finished by spring nice to hear from you.

this is the latest picture of ace radium ,i like to think of it as a very rich fruit cake.the colours are intense but it works.maybe i need new glasses but my real world is like this, my australian  colour world intense.

just one more shot of my beautiful visitor on the roof.
kind regards kim

Ray Dunakin

Very interesting diorama!

What do you use for the corrugated metal?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

It continues to improve. -- Russ

Design-HSB

Hi Kim,

no through preparation and participation of exhibitions, the table is still in the planning stage.

But it makes you good at remarkable progress,
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Chuck Doan

I hope that bug is out of scale. You guys have some odd ones.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

1-32

hi all
chuck that is not a plastic bug just a very beautiful 4 wing hoverer.
ray that particular product is made by the english company-wills.they make a variety of styles.it is expensive for what it is quite small packets but easily obtained.another supplier is slaters on line.better value again good for outside use,
another source is art supplies and craft shops
kind regards kim

1-32

hi all
ace radium now in my mind is a rich dark fruit cake.here is a picture of a bit of icing =rust.i have always been impressed with the pictures of the titanic at the bottom of the ocean.it is basically a big bit of blistering rust.here is my effort.more to come .
kind regards kim.

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Barney

Very nice- but not the sort of place to have a picnic or have smoke !!! - definitely got atmosphere with loads of inspiration
Barney

Bill Gill

Kim, Excellent! But wouldn't want to wander or wade around there very long. You sure that giant 4 wing hoverer didn't hatch in there someplace?

finescalerr

Looks like it smells bad! -- Russ

1-32

hi all thanks russ chuck barney and bill i would hate to think what is living in there the model has taken so long it would now be really big. a while ago i had a major problem see the photo.
when i was pouring the top coat of resin to darken it there was a  reaction-the surface bubbled.this would not be too bad if you wanted a bit of texture but really looking at it, it was a  big mess.there must have been a reaction with the dye.i have had them  a long time, past there used by date,or the surfaces must have been dirty or something else.
but after a really tense weekend i made it into a finish that i am really happy with in doing so re working the frount that helped the rust affect.
you can the result in the rust photo.
kind regards kim

finescalerr

It looks fine: Toxic and disgustingly polluted. Perfect for the scene. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Kim,

that looks extremely poisonous!
About the bubbles (I just realized that your latest post shows the former step ... ::)): Maybe it's a nice base for giving them some kind of foam appearance with sponge applied opaque white?

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"