• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Azure (The Dead Pool)

Started by marc_reusser, August 25, 2013, 03:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Time for a new scene. This project is inspired by the work of Alexandre Duchamp, and from conversations with him and Gordon Ferguson. Scale is 1/20.

Some of of you who like browsing pictures of decay and "dead zones" probably know what/where this is. I took some artistic license, in the location of the proposed ladder distance from the end, as well as in moving the starting block, to the shallow end of the pool....so as to give the scene more interest. Shown is a rendering to lay out the massing, details and tile (actual scene will be set in base at an angle). One thing I can say after working on all the tile patterns/joints, is never hire a Russian to do your tile work.  ;D

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

SandiaPaul

This is going to be cool...can't wait to see it develop.

Reminds me of a Swiss friend of mine who had a tile guy do his bathroom...when the tile guy was finished he hustled him out of his house as fast as he could so he could get in there and adjust all the crooked tiles to be perfectly aligned.

Paul
Paul

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Okay, I admit my ignorance. Where is its inspiration, what is its significance, and will it exhibit the usual decay? -- Russ

Gordon Ferguson

Type in Pripyat into your search engine, it was the nearest town to the Chenobyl disaster when it's nuclear plant went into meltdown.

Decay, you name it its decayed!

Think this is the pool that Marc is basing his idea on

Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: Gordon Ferguson on August 25, 2013, 12:43:20 PM
Type in Pripyat into your search engine, it was the nearest town to the Chenobyl disaster when it's nuclear plant went into meltdown.

Decay, you name it its decayed!

Think this is the pool that Marc is basing his idea on

It's empty . That's a shame . I was looking forward to seeing Marc fill it with green slimy water with nasty things lurking in it .

An opportunity wasted . Never mind , may be next time .

1-32

hey mark
i am really going curious about this theme ,green water , slime and old rubber duckies maybe.looking good.kind regards kim

marc_reusser

Thanks Gordon. I guess I should have posted some reference images. :)

M-Works

marc_reusser

Sorry chaps...no slimy water......something more along this line...with an additional secret creepy touch :).

M-Works

Mobilgas

I don't get it ??? Of all the cool stuff to model in this world....you pick a POOL to model???  I mean if your running out of idea's.  But I should talk I'm not doing ANY modeling myself  :-[   
Craig

marc_reusser

;D Craig,

The way I am seeing it, project like this in many ways requires as much skill effort and craftsmanship, and ingenuity as say building an entire kit or structure. Because of the the scale, and the amount of small detail it requires a lot of attention and thought, and due to the closer/narrower focus, it has to be done correctly, otherwise it will stand out. It is far less forgiving than a larger busier scene/model, where you can hide things amongst the mass of detail and surfaces. This type of project also allows you to more narrowly focus on a few specific skills/techniques that one wants to develop. Above all, it allows me to approach modeling and a scene, from a more artistic and crative POV and expression. Lastly, it is something different and unique...not something that has been done or seen a hundred-fold in one manner or the other. :)

M-Works

Mobilgas

Marc,    It sure will be Different & Unique.....which ever way you take it I know ill learn something new following along on this build  ;D
Craig

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on August 25, 2013, 03:26:07 PM
;D Craig,

The way I am seeing it, project like this in many ways requires as much skill effort and craftsmanship, and ingenuity as say building an entire kit or structure. Because of the the scale, and the amount of small detail it requires a lot of attention and thought, and due to the closer/narrower focus, it has to be done correctly, otherwise it will stand out. It is far less forgiving than a larger busier scene/model, where you can hide things amongst the mass of detail and surfaces. This type of project also allows you to more narrowly focus on a few specific skills/techniques that one wants to develop. Above all, it allows me to approach modeling and a scene, from a more artistic and crative POV and expression. Lastly, it is something different and unique...not something that has been done or seen a hundred-fold in one manner or the other. :)

That's all well and good but it still needs slimy water . Just a teensy-weensy bit . You haven't done water properly yet , so now is you opportunity to have a go .

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bexley

Looks like a sauna I once built for a Very Important Chicken.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack