• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Some old and new stuff from a new member.

Started by Alexandre, December 09, 2012, 07:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Alexandre

Hello everybody.

Marc and Gordon are right.
I've been asked to delete the pictures of the last project I've done, for publishing reasons.
As they were all on the same hosting site, i've chosen to delete them from there for ease and time reason, as the build log was shared on other places too.

Sorry, hate to do that, but had no choice.

Have a great day.

Alexandre

Hello gentlemen.

This is a collaborative project between Marc, Gordon and I. As usual, they did all the hard work, and I'm doing the fun one.
I'm very late with this one and must hurry to finish it, but to keep this thread alive and show you some new stuff, here's a quick preview on how it looks.

It's a full scratch built street scene of Mogadishu, Somalia. Right now, I'm doing plaster and concrete texture / effects on the building. As you can see there's still a lot to do.

Thanks for looking.

Alex.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Guy Milh(imeter)

How the heck does transatlantic modelling work?

Great stuff Alexandre !!!

Gordon Ferguson

Gordon

Alexandre

Thank you lads.

Guy > They shipped all I needed. Just like a good e-shop. 8)
Seriously, Gordon & Marc have been so helpful, without them this project simply could not have been done.

Mr Potato Head

Alex
What material did you use so far? what' the sub structure, how big is the piece?
thanks
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

Quote from: Guy Milh(imeter) on August 26, 2013, 12:31:03 PM
How the heck does transatlantic modelling work?

Great stuff Alexandre !!!

Long arms, and late nights/early mornings (depending on what side of the pond you are on) :)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

That plaster looks superb. All the concern and hair pulling was for nothing :)

QuoteSeriously, Gordon & Marc have been so helpful, without them this project simply could not have been done.

Don't believe him. He just needed some egginng-on....it was purely in my self interest, so that I could live vicariously through him, and not build a Mog scene myself :)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Self interest from me to

Let me " finish" something in white plastic and leave somebody else to have all the hassle with primer, h/spray, paint etc :D

Looks good Alex, you certainly captured that worn plaster/ concrete look
Gordon

Alexandre

Quote from: Mr Potato Head on August 26, 2013, 02:36:03 PM
Alex
What material did you use so far? what' the sub structure, how big is the piece?
thanks
MPH

Material is mainly cork and modelling paste, can't say or show too much about this because it's one of the subject of the article, but all infos will be fingers crossed in the next Modeler's Annual. If I'm quick enough and if Russ doesn't become mad at me because of my late :-\
Marc came with a partially built 1/35 shop in bare plastic with some nice details. So the sub structure for the building is plastic. Gordon came with a scratch build I "ordered" from him and that I'll show later.
The size : The full width of the scene is 13cm, so what's in the picture is something like 8cm width.

finescalerr

Alexandre, you are in deep trouble. But your modeling is so good I can't wait for the article. -- Russ

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/