• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Steel cable transmission

Started by Peter_T1958, October 29, 2012, 12:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydrostat

I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Ray Dunakin

The phrase "museum quality" gets tossed around a lot but this build definitely belongs in a museum.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Peter_T1958

Thanks everybody, unfortunately I can't dedicate a lot of time to modeling so my updates are not so frequent... (Am I the only one who has the impression, our daily work is getting more and more complex?)
Either way, here is the latest update: I completed the gangway that leads half around the abutement. To me it became a nearly endless bothery and in the end it is very fragile because of the tiny soldering joints. I will be happy when it is fixed in place - what you can see, is only a provisional installation. I am looking forward to the most pleasent part: the weathering  ;D

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

finescalerr

Impressive.

And, yes, work and the world in general are getting too complex.

Russ

Design-HSB

Hello Peter,

always impressive your work, which I like to follow again and again.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Peter, that gangway is so nicely done, it looks good even before you add your usual amazing weathering.

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Ray Dunakin

Great work! Always a pleasure to see one of your updates, no matter how infrequent.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Great always the best stonework.
cheers Kim

Peter_T1958

Thanks very much, guys!
I want to take this opportunity to introduce the two guests on the gangway I received this morning. Modelu3d.co.uk printed them (of course for me ::)) in exact 1/50 scale.
They are some of the best figures available and it's an innovative company who offers an excellent service. I will have to modify them a little bit, but they fit perfectly in this period (1870-1890).

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

finescalerr

The figures really do look good and are appropriate for your supremely adequate modeling. -- Russ

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Hauk

Quote from: Chuck Doan on October 19, 2019, 02:55:00 PM
They look great!

The Modelu figurens are 3D scans of real people dressen up in period costumes. The figures are printed on  a B9 3D printer.

The cost is quite reasonable, and as many has already has noted, the quality is excellent.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Design-HSB

Hello Peter,

have you ever thought about having yourself scanned? I did it and it's always a special highlight at exhibitions.

Congratulations great work.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

The figures look good there. What material are they printed with? I had seen Modelu figures printed in a hard red wax used for making jewelry masters.