• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photos of Inspiring Models by Others

Started by marc_reusser, June 13, 2012, 10:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

"Polluted" 1/35 scale, unknown authorship.

1/32 Japanese countryside road bus.

1/35 British SAS

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

by Rubén González Hernández

by Michael Rinaldi

Juan Carlos Garcia Benitez

M-Works

marc_reusser

1/32 Scale MITUBISHI "CANTER" (TYPE 1973); by Satoshi Araki

M-Works

Andi Little

I find these kind of pictures very intimidating, and inspiring all at the same time. One wants to emulate what it is you see, but with the fear and almost certain knowledge that you're just not going to get close.
I know it's in the trying that one may learn and make progress, that in itself is a psychological platitude .............. it's just that whilst they make me all but quiver with excitement, they kind of make me want to poop myself too..... Go figure!!!
KBO..................... Andi.

shropshire lad

This just goes to show that there is a whole world of excellent modellers out there and we don't usually see it because of language barriers . Another good reason why it should be made compulsory for everyone to learn English !

I would be interested to see the reference photo(s) for the SAS diorama . I never thought that they used what appears to be an old Bentley in their endeavours . Nice model , though .

Andi ,

Like everything else to become good takes practice , practice and more practice . So all you gotta do is keep practicing ,

Nick

marc_reusser

Wow. Speaking of anal, and rivet counting...not only a fully scratbuilt and detailed interior...but also a scratchbuilt clear turret and upper hull.

M-Works

marc_reusser

Unknown builder

Found another photo of a previous model shown:

Unknown

MaK Locomotive; unknown builder Japan  (belive it is all scratch, probably 1/35 or 1/20)

M-Works

marc_reusser

More MaK, (unknown builder)

Built by Mizuno Shigeyuki

HASEGAWA 1/20 Falke.

M-Works

marc_reusser

Completely scratchbuilt 'Death Star'

From Japanese animation picture "Spirited Away"

M-Works

marc_reusser

Yes this is a model...by Dave Youngquist

Unknown:

M-Works

marc_reusser

One of my personal all time favorites; by Marjin van Gils

By Spencer Pollard:

Unknown:

M-Works

marc_reusser

Another beauty (think this may be Marjin van Gils as well)

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Too much to sum up in a few words ... but thanks & keep 'em coming!  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Ray Dunakin

Great stuff. I especially like the Japanese bus, and the truck hauling the smaller truck.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Andi Little

More seriously now; these images are truly fantastic, and if ever there was ever a need to use the word "sublime", then this would be it.
It's difficult to get your head around the conception of some of these projects, but then having the skills base to see them through to a successful conclusion is just all the more humbling.
I too enjoy the automotive examples, perhaps because I'm more familiar with the subject and can "read" the model better? But some of those fantasy models just leave me slack jawed such is their prowess.
The Rushmoresque soldier is particularly noteworthy, not only for its execution but the elusively simple premise is breathtaking in its own right, as is the "jumping" observers - a million years wouldn't have seen me come up with that one.

Now, strangely!!! ................. the big blousey overloaded diorama's are leaving me confused and disorientated. I understand them OK, and I can read them alright........... but I think I'm struggling to take in such a huge panorama of modelling - all in one gulp so to speak. It's the sort of thing that folk would ask afterwards ... did you see? and wasn't that brilliant etc etc; and I'd have to admit that I had missed mostly all of it because although looking I had simply stopped seeing!
So, for me the smaller more focused pieces seem to work better, not necessarily single cameo pieces [although fabulous] but rather more refined "short stories".
And I personally feel that when you can start to read these pieces figuratively, and at the level of skill it takes to be able to communicate the meaning and emotional content of said piece - then I think you can say that they are beginning to brush the brittle fringes of what it is we call Art.

Just mine own opinion of course.

KBO..................... Andi.