• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Civilian Vehicles (or Military Vehicles that can be Adapted to Civilian)

Started by marc_reusser, April 21, 2012, 02:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim s-w

Quote from: shropshire lad on July 31, 2013, 01:12:45 PM
And I think you'll find that baseball has its origins in that fine old West Country pursuit of cowpat hurling .
   Still , I can't argue about you being just as primitive now as then , because you still drive on the wrong side of the road ( notice the skilful way that I brought the subject back to the beginning again ? ) .

Didn't baseball originate from rounders?   

Best not to critisise our American friends for which side of the road they drive on, the only true American car I have ever driven didn't seem to come with any steering at all, it accelerated about as quick as continental drift and the brakes were either off or the wheels were locked.  Not that the latter seems to have any bearing on the thing actually stopping!  Very comfy seats though, it was a dodge something or other I think.

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

Marc988

Nick, you are right (as in correct) that The Netherlands (Holland is just a part of) was never a colony from Britain. We have (had) our share and have even "gave" you guys a colony (something about Nieuw Amsterdam and 1674)  ;D

Gordon, I understand your loyalty. As for the Mini on the picture, I agree that it has the steering wheel on the right side but that does not mean it is actually on the right side.  I think that the majority of the cars on this globe have their steering wheels on the left side and therfore making it for common perception the right side !  ;D  ;)

So in the end, the guys with the steering wheel on the right side of the vehicle, actually drive on the right side of the road !!  ;D ::)

As for baseball; who won the last world championship baseball in 2011 ? (I'll give you a hint; a small country with red, white and blue in their nations flag)  ;D
Now where is that corner I can hide ??  :P

To get topic back on track; some time ago I had seen a 1:35 or 32 VW beetle.
Does anybody know who makes this kit and possibly if it is still available ?

Gordon Ferguson

Marc, sorry assumed that after the steering wheel comment you had to be one of our "friends"from across the pond.

VW Beetle week you can still pick up the Airfix 1/32 version on E Bay...... Think it's an early 60's version has it a Single rather than spilt rear window.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRFIX-1-32-VW-BEETLE-/190867023618?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item2c708fa702

Think Tamyia currently have an early war version of the Beetle in 1/35 scale , maybe 1/48 ?

Gordon

Mr Potato Head

Swash is expensive! It's $69 bucks for their cool motorcycle kits and $120 for the Austin panel wagon!
Woo
too many spuds for Mr. Potato Head
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

Gil...you would have no use for the Austin anyway...no third world Central-American despot or mine owner would be caught dead with one of these. They have enough problems, without having to deal with wrong sided steering wheels, and British automotive electrical systems.  :)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Younger

I always heard the factory motto at Lucas Electrics was:

"A good days work and home by dark."   :)
-Younger
-Younger

jim s-w

I can find out for you, a mate works there (although it's TRW now and a fraction of the size it was)

Cheers

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

jacq01

QuoteThe United States have existed as the dominant world power since the age of Piltdown Man and its inhabitants remain as primitive now as then. Americans have conquered all other nations since the invention of baseball; our pitchers hurl rocks more accurately than those of other nations.

You forget Mac Donalds......................... :o :o There are only 2 countries in the world without MacDonalds
and don't forget coca cola.......

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

narrowgauger

actually Lucas electrics are normally referred to as "the Prince of Darkness"

if my XJS-HE Jaguar (even if it 30 years old0 is anything to judge Lucas by, than the term is certainly spot on.

But hey, who would give up the chance to drive a V12 in superb style, particularly one that has the driving position on the right side.

have fun, stay cool and may petrol (gas for our US friends) never run out.
BernardS

1-32

hey nick
we will stay true to the flag as long as they keep pushing royal babies out
regards kim

Malachi Constant

First, a thousand pardons for disrupting all this lovely chatter with some info loosely relevant to the actual thread  ;D ...

Here's a repost of some info Gordon provided elsewhere about a 1/35 Indian motorcycle kit:

http://www.mirror-models.com/135-US-Indian-741B-Motorcycle.html

We now return you to the program already in progress ...

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

miwi

Not only Mirrior models has an Indian also Swash design http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Maker1=swa&cl=1
It is a resin kit, quite expensive, but excellent quality. Very interseting is als the Steib Sidecar

Malachi Constant

-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Gordon Ferguson

Your quick Dallas, just maybe a bit too quick ......... Been on their site for a while but still not released :(

Normally they send out a pre-release offer but even that has not appeared yet, may well be ordering a few myself
Gordon

Tom Neeson

Well...this looks interesting...German made car huh...

http://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=232964

Tom
No Scribed Siding!