• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

ace radium 1-32n 20

Started by 1-32, September 03, 2013, 01:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydrostat

Kim,

First: I second what Russ said.
Second: What came to my mind (knowing that it's too late but not able to stop myself from saying): The ACE sign may have made more sense at another position. Imagine the sign on top of the middle roof as a charakter's silhouette with a framing, but positioned inverted to add some more virtual spatiality kind of an imagined public street back of the building.

Marvellous modelling.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

artizen

It all turned out rather splendidly! Really like the idea of a folding layout to fit carry-on luggage restraints. Looking forward to seeing that one develop. Each model you make is an improvement on the previous.

I also had a white edge to my layout for a while but ended up painting it black so that the edge was disguised. Just a personal preference though.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

1-32

hi ian.
the edge is picture mount board.i cuts really crisply with really sharp edges.
the ikea idear- is to have a fixed base which will be the size of the carry on luggage it will be 50mm heigh[2 inches].everything else will be attached to this base.hopefully there will be a micro working industral railway.i dont want to make it like pizza or the style of railway in a box  micro display-we will see.
kind regards kim

Design-HSB

Hi Kim,
radium ace you could be one for me really felicitous conclusion bring.
So I am very curious how it goes with you and look forward to the first reports.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

detail_stymied

spent quite some time reading this. timeless & inspirational!
s.e. charles