• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Paper Structure Vignette

Started by marc_reusser, May 23, 2011, 04:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

Quote from: marc_reusser on July 22, 2013, 07:57:11 PM
Thanks guys!...have no idea what is next....Maybe even a hiatus from model building.

So far, no-one takes the bait!  ;D
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

mad gerald

Quote from: Malachi Constant on July 24, 2013, 07:40:13 AM
Quote from: marc_reusser on July 22, 2013, 07:57:11 PM
Thanks guys!...have no idea what is next....Maybe even a hiatus from model building.

So far, no-one takes the bait!  ;D
... because it's obvious, Marc was just Joe King ... Modelling and Marc - (almost) inseparable as siamese twins ...  ::)

marc_reusser

Ha...no bait ;D.....I have a , lot of real work projects that need focus.....for modeling, there are some SBS steps I need to go back and reproduce and photograph in the next two weeks, and 3 pieces I need to flush-out/touch-up and finish weathering by the end of August......so with no other upcoming mag committments....I want to use my spare time to hopefully do a bit  more cycling.

Thank you all for the kind words and comments, and for your interest during the project, its helped me along through what was often a quite nerving build. ;D

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Arno Boudoiron

marc_reusser

Thanks Arno.

Had to go back and do the steps for an SBS article on making the broken concrete for the shed project. As you can see, they don't all always crack in a manner that you want them to,  :) >:( or that looks good and correct; so it's always good to make extras. But don't throw the not so good ones out, they can always be cut or broken, and used in pieces on another project, or as filler in areas where they won't be very visible.

(These are fresh out of the mold, and just dry after the surface washing. Coloring , staining and weathering still needs to be done. In 1/35 scale the square pieces are about 1m x 1m. Thickness is .060")

M-Works

finescalerr

1 m (meter) might be a little bigger than you meant. Would the size be closer to 1 inch square? -- Russ

Gordon Ferguson

I'm taking cover Russ and suggest you do so ........ He did say in 1/35 scale
Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on July 31, 2013, 12:50:58 PM
1 m (meter) might be a little bigger than you meant. Would the size be closer to 1 inch square? -- Russ

A couple of points here , Russell , Old Bean . A meter is something you read when you want to find out how much electricity you have wasted typing all the drivel you do . And I suspect that if you were to scale the pieces of plaster that Marc has cast up to 1:1 they would measure about 1 metre square Only a guess mind you .

Nick

finescalerr

Oh, fiddlesticks. I read his post carelessly. I shall flog myself with a cat o' nine tails tails.

By the way I thought that electricity gadget was a metre. This is all very confusing.

Russ

pwranta193

Wait!  I just found what it is missing:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/thread/1375210007/Spider+in+the+web

Dig it back out and place it back on "the never to be completed to my satisfaction" pile  ;D
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

shropshire lad

Quote from: pwranta193 on August 01, 2013, 01:55:17 AM

Dig it back out and place it back on "the never to be completed to my satisfaction" pile  ;D

Yeah , it's alright , but I don't see the fly that is caught in the web and is just about to be devoured !

marc_reusser

Quote from: pwranta193 on August 01, 2013, 01:55:17 AM

Well heck, at that scale anyone can make spiders and webs. :D   I am saving my spiderwebs for the abandoned Russian institution/factory toilet stall model.....Oh you think I'm kidding do you?  :)

M-Works

finescalerr

Gordon Ferguson

Well at least I can look forward to describing your modelling as crap!

Sorry just could not resist
Gordon

lab-dad

I wonder if it will stink? (in scale of coarse!) ???
Mj