• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 scale Sandwich Shop ... already in progress

Started by Malachi Constant, April 29, 2011, 11:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

(Sept 20 update -- continued from previous page)

Didn't have enough "little hanging utensils" to do the rack shown in the doodle ... but found a nice assortment of knives in the photo-etched Eduard set that was on-hand ... so spent a little time trimming those out.  Worked on the arrangement of those INSIDE a little plastic container lid so they wouldn't get lost ... still need to get those mounted and do the paint touch-up on those ...

Next photo shows the dish rack "full" of dishes ... minus the empty slots  ;) ... clock, business license and first- dollar "wall objects" that were made ages ago mounted in place ... place-holder for the knife rack ... and some preliminary test lighting back in the dark corner.  (The white strip to the right of the towel rack is a place-holder for the magnetic knife rack -- which will probably be the next thing to get finished and installed.)

Next up:  finish the details that go on top of the sink and stove ... will keep going down that checklist a little at a time ... meanwhile, it is nice to see some of those various things that have been sitting in little bead containers get stuck in place!  ;D

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

marc_reusser

Nice progress. I like the choice of the new bits over the fly swatter.

Admire your patience and skill with making all these little bits and pieces......I would have tossed in the towel way back. :)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Quote from: marc_reusser on September 20, 2013, 01:55:59 PM
......I would have tossed in the towel way back. :)

Dang!  Really should have tossed in the towel before it got glued to the wall!  Guess it's too late now.  ;D  :P

Chuck -- Thanks for the encouragement!

Marc -- Thanks for the feedback on the new arrangement ... got the teeny little knives glued down today ..

Cheers,
Dallas

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

I kind of liked the little stick-on printed clock but everything else certainly is acceptable. We all know it's the little details that take so much time to do well. Satisfactory. -- Russ

Junior

Alway great to see an update on this build with all the fantastic little details! Keep them coming more often!

Anders

TRAINS1941

Good to see you working on this again.  Great details.  Just love the swatter!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Malachi Constant

Thanks Ray, Russ, Anders & Jerry!  There are still tons of details left to do ... fortunately, some of them are already "underway" ...

Lots of the details are rather tiny, and I did make a good move in that regard a while back ... picked up a case at Michaels that holds 24 little screw-top bead containers.  So, the tiny pieces can be sorted and stored ... and the containers are all clear, so you can actually see what's there.  When arranging the little knives, I actually laid them out in the lid of one of those containers to prevent from scattering.

Hope to paint the knife rack tonight and work on some of the sink and stove-top details ... thanks for checking in!

Cheers,
Dallas

Carlo

Dallas - One little "nit-pick"...
I would expect the knives to be stored closer to where they would be used, not in the corner behind the stove.
Otherwise, very impressive work, and soooo small.
Carlo

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Carlo on September 21, 2013, 09:54:37 AM
Dallas - One little "nit-pick"...
I would expect the knives to be stored closer to where they would be used, not in the corner behind the stove.
Otherwise, very impressive work, and soooo small.
Carlo

Hi Carlo --

Perfectly good point and appreciate your input!  Actually, kinda flowing into "back stock" and "front stock" here ... there's a dish rack over the sink ... but other dishes will be up front where they're handy ... likewise with various utensils and stuff.  So, dirty dishes and such go to the back ... some get cleaned and stored there ... and some moved up front ... I think it'll all make (some) sense when it comes together!  (And, there will definitely be some nonsense, but I have to finish a few more figures for that!) ;D

Cheers,
Dallas

Malachi Constant

Way back in 2011, when this "sammich shop" insanity was just beginning ... Dave K. at www.VectorCut.com was kind enough to make some laser-cut sammich bread for me ... thanks, again, Dave!  ;D

Malachi Constant

Tonight's insanity ...

Malachi Constant

Yup!  It's a half-eaten 1/35 scale sammich on delicious, nutritious laser bread.   ;D

Cheers,
Dallas

Ray Dunakin

Awesome sandwich, and the pickle looks great too! It's all making me hungry!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World