• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Houligan's Alley - Fine Food & Drinks

Started by GreggW, January 10, 2008, 06:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreggW

Houligans Alley (FSM) was originally designed as a string of buildings on a single street.  I have always liked this special group of structures, but wanted something different from the standard arrangement that could also fit into the slope of my hillside town.  To fill this need, Jim Lucas and I teamed up to create this rearranged and modified variation that has a very different look and feel, which also incorporates the new Decker's (FOS) structure.  Thought you would appreciate seeing a few pictures of our version of Houligans Alley.

GreggW

A couple more pics.

GreggW

One more.

GreggW

A couple more pics.

GreggW

Another picture.

GreggW

Two more pics.

GreggW

Two more pics to enjoy.

John McGuyer

Great modeling. Fantastic attention to detail. Makes you want to order a fish dinner.

John

Chuck Doan

The differing levels were a good idea. Much more interesting.

CD
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

TRAINS1941

Gregg that is some very nice modeling, really like the different levels the buildings sit on much more interesting makes your eyes wander through the scene.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

GreggW

Quote from: John McGuyer on January 10, 2008, 09:10:32 PM
Great modeling. Fantastic attention to detail. Makes you want to order a fish dinner.

John
Thanks John.  If viewing the photos made you hungry, then we were successful in setting the mood.  Pull up a chair and enjoy a meal.

Gregg

GreggW

Quote from: Chuck Doan on January 11, 2008, 07:32:43 AM
The differing levels were a good idea. Much more interesting.

CD
Hi Chuck.  Thanks.  Yes, elevations make the small worlds we create far more realistic and interesting .  This build was fun for several reasons.  It not only was about creating an urban commercial center using industrial structure kits (something seldom done) and using the alley/plaza concept to create views from all structure sides (rarely if ever done), but it was also about leveraging elevations to give a tenfold increase in photo angles (not done enough).  This not only resulted in the interesting views from the roads and terraces as seen above, but also created the multiple dining levels and wonderful roofline views as seen below.  There is something new to see or a new perspective every way you look.

Thanks again,
Gregg

GreggW

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on January 11, 2008, 08:37:09 AM
Gregg that is some very nice modeling, really like the different levels the buildings sit on much more interesting makes your eyes wander through the scene.

Jerry
Thanks.  Here is another view I am sure you will enjoy.

Gregg